February 16, 2012

Warm Up Your Wellies Boot Liner Pattern

So my friends over at Clever Charlotte asked me to collaborate with them on a pattern for their Winter Wool Series.  They have a fantastic line of sewing patterns for children that have a modern yet ready to wear feel.  Super cute stuff - and a small business run by Cleveland women.  Always a good thing!  Anyways I had a blast working with Erin on this pattern:


A fleece boot liner with a knit cuff.  Perfect for making the plastic wellington boots warm enough for the cold of winter:
The pattern is free and downloadable through Ravelry.  The instructions include the knitting pattern for the cuff - both a flat and a knit in the round options - along with instructions and printable pattern pieces for sewing the fleece liner.  The cuff is then sewn to the liner and folded over the top of the boot.  Stylish and functional!

The pattern requires 1/2 yard of fleece fabric and approximately 200 yards of DK weight yarn.  It is shown in Destination Yarn Souvenir in the colorway "Spring Break" (currently sold out but more will be available soon!).  

If you're worried about the sewing part fleece is a super forgiving material to work with.  Plus Erin has put together a fantastic photo tutorial breaking down all of the steps here:  Warm Up Your Wellies Tutorial.

I hope you enjoy this new, free pattern!

Download the FREE Warm Up Your Wellies Boot Liner Pattern Here.

Note:  All of the photographs in this post are courtesy of Erin Wagner at Clever Charlotte.

5 comments:

  1. OMGosh! Love this pattern! Now I need a pair of wellies...
    Can't wait until the shop is full of yarn again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are AWESOME! I just got a pair of Wellies from 6PM in the mail Thursday! Now I must go to JoAnn's for some fleece! The sample you have would match perfectly with my pink and purple flowered boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! I've been meaning to make myself a pair of liners for 2 years now. I love the knit cuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris in UK6:41 PM

    You are a really clever cookie These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love these wellies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...