February 8, 2012

Valentine Flowers

First of all let me say that I am loving your February is for Finishing submissions!  I'm super excited that everyone is as into this as I am.  And just a reminder - this week's contest closes tomorrow so get your projects in if you want to win those fabulous prizes!

So waaaay back in December the Girl and I made these awesome flowers from the Made Tutorial:

Wall Flowers
I loooved them.  They were simple and cute and she had so much fun helping me make them:

wallflowers
she loves a good craft project:

wallflowers

So we hung them up as Christmas decorations.

Wall Flowers
or for the full perspective including a sleeping dog and a humidifier in the background b/c when I took these everyone in our house had a cold:

Wall Flowers I especially liked the side view:

Wall Flowers

But!  I didn't really like them as Christmas decor so much.  Yeah they were the right colors... but... they seemed more like Valentines Day to me.  I pictured them as a bunch of carnations.  Perfect for V-day.  So way back when I made a few plain red and white ones and bought a bunch of random napkins with the intention of filling our house with paper flowers:
Wall Flowers
Wall Flowers

And then Life happened.  And I never got any further than that.  But!  It's February is for Finishing!  So the other day my girl and I did this:

wallflowers

We didn't quite get a house full of flowers but oh do I love the finished bouquet:

wall flowers

Again the full shot - no dog this time b/c she was napping with the Girl in her room.

wall flowers

I especially like the polka dot and stripey flowers:

wall flowers

And the view from my spot on the couch makes me happy:

wall flowers

Yay for finishing something I started!  And double yay for decorating that is seasonally appropriate and crazy cheap!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice! I can't wait til Peanut can craft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you commented on my blog, prompting me to come check out yours. I've been searching for a good (easy and cheap, too!) craft to do for V-day. This will be perfect!

    PS - thanks for visiting my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! So cute! I saw this on Skip to My Lou I would love it if you would share this with our readers too for Fun Stuff Fridays! http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays_10.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...