July 1, 2010

Weekend Fun

So this past weekend we had some much needed family time. Matt didn’t go into work at all and his girl was thrilled to spend the time enjoying summer with her daddy.
Zoo Zoo Zoo

First we went to the zoo:
Zoo Zoo Zoo
So glad my child doesn’t sleep like that. Anymore.

Matt’s brother and soon to be sister-in-law were in town and the zoo has become my fav. Place to take out of town visitors.
Zoo Zoo Zoo
It’s just straight up fun for the whole family. And really, is there anything cuter than toddlers of different species checking each other out?
Zoo Zoo Zoo
S’up.

Although the cheetah stalking my child did freak me out a little bit:
Zoo Zoo Zoo
Pretty sure he thought she was a tasty morsel.
Zoo Zoo Zoo
Her response?
Zoo Zoo Zoo
SEE! MEOW! SEE! MEEEEOOOOW!
Zoo Zoo Zoo
Well played, kid.  Also she's rocking her new fat quarter skirt.

On Sunday it was just the three of us and since it was a billion degrees out we thought a trip to the Morton Splash Park was in order:
Splash Park
Remember that feeling when you were just big enough to ride a rollercoaster and the whole thing was still terrifying? Yeah I think this is pretty much like that for her. She’s scared and thrilled all at the same time.
Splash Park
Not quite certain enough to be on her own but thrilled when we run through the jets with her.
Splash Park
Splash Park
Honestly it’s pretty thrilling even for adults.
Splash Park
Funtimes, Indeed.
Splash Park
In other news… How do you know you’re ready to love again after a loss? We’ve been struggling with that question a lot here at Life in Cleveland these days. Tonight we’re going to find out. We’re going to meet a dog.  I’m not sure she’s the one or that we’re entirely ready just yet but from the description and talking to her foster parent she sounds like she would be a really good fit for us. Fingers crossed!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time.

    Also I was going to email you back, but I can't find your email in my inbox anywhere.

    So expect one from me soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, scratch that...your contact brought up my IM...so...email me when you get a chance and we can set something up for next week sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! Good luck with the meeting, hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent weekend! I hope your adoption meeting went well, too, either way. The right pup will find you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Looks like a great time!

    Good luck with your pup adoption!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun. Almost makes me wanna have another little one! E and I want to go to the zoo, but we feel a little silly without a kid. . .do you know of any we could borrow? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend! Good luck with the potential new pup!

    P.S. I did a post earlier this week re: the Copenhagen you sent me. It's an interesting experiment in stitch counts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lovely time! Wish we had a place we could sneak off and cool off from this heat. Ugh.

    Good luck with the doggie thing. Take your time and make sure it's the right fit. We went through heck with our replacement dog and are now back down to a one dog household for awhile. Hopefully you'll hear that famailar click clack again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...