July 7, 2010

Shop Update Monday (on a Wed.)

So the holiday weekend kindof threw me with this week’s shop update… but believe me it was worth the wait. And while it seems slightly crazy to be rolling out a thicker yarn base on one of the hottest days of the year I’m going for it…

Introducing for the first time ever on Etsy (drumroll please):


Souvenir – a squishy DK weight Superwash Merino:
New DK Weight

This is a 4 ply yarn of soft and squishy superwash merino wool. Perfect for thicker socks or easy to care for baby garments as well as hats, sweaters, or any fine garment. This is a very versatile weight!

New Base Yarn - DK Weight
I can’t even describe how squishy this yarn is. It’s simply beautiful. Perfect for baby garments:
Baby Hat

Or scarves:
Vintage Pull-Through Scarf
Vintage Pull Through Scarf

Or even thicker socks.

Right now it’s available in all of the America the Beautiful Semi-Solids:

However all of my semi solids will be available with this yarn base at the Trunk Show at River Colors on July 17:
Knit the Rainbow
I do have plans to dye some variegated colors with this base but I’m still working out dye sequence. Hopefully by the end of summer!  In the meantime I love the potential in these semi-solids.  They just knit up so beautifully:
Baby Hat
I’m not capable at this time of stocking sweater quantities of any one color but I’d be happy to do a custom order! I think any one of these would make a great Coraline or Tangled Yolk Cardigan, or even a Neiman. Oh the colorwork on that would be spectacular. I’m also picturing complicated mittens and hats such as Porom or the Inga Hat.  So many possibilities!
New Base Yarn - DK Weight
Yay for a new yarn base!

4 comments:

  1. OHH You are one step ahead of me...as I was reading I was thinking sweater for me (I already have the Coraline pattern!)Yay for special orders...though it won't be for a little while yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shining sea color is gooorrrgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...