August 7, 2008

Twilight at the Zoo

So last Friday – after a happy hour at the Bier Markt wishing one of my coworkers farewell – we went to Twilight at the Zoo: (Thanks to Carolyn for all of the pictures!)
Basically this is a fundraiser at the zoo where they open it up and make it adult for the evening. The sno-cone stands are turned into full bars and there are beer and wine carts everywhere. Also excellent food and something like 14 bands. Unfortunately because it’s at night we didn’t get to see to many animals. Even the merino sheep were put away for the night which completely bummed me out.

We did get to see an elephant:

A few sea lions:
A giraffe and a very disgruntled monkey who just wanted us to leave him alone so he could sleep. The people watching, however, was excellent.


Andy and Matt trying to decide if they could jump as far as a kangaroo. They can’t.


Andy seeing what it’s like to hear like a dingo.

All in all it was a really fun event. I would definitely go again next year.

Group shot in front of the empty Polar Bear area.


Girls don’t like walking that much in heels.

Although a word of advice about this – the cab line at the end of the night was ridiculous. Over an hour wait. If you go either have a DD or plan on leaving a little early so you beat the rush.

Tomorrow? My epic plans for the Olympics.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, that looks like a lot of fun. I can't believe I never made it to the zoo when I lived in Cleveland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How totally fun was that?! It's been a few years since I was at the zoo...have to put it on the list of "things to do"! I finally made it to the Velvet Tango Room - had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you went on to detail what you meant by the zoo turning "adult" for an evening. I was a little worried there for a sec. Going adult...animals...alcohol...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...