August 14, 2008

Olympic Update. UGH.

So my Olympic progress suffered a severe setback due to my being sick all week. Ugh. Puke. Ugh. And that’s about all I want to say about that. I have managed to spin up a full 4 oz of my Olympic Fiber despite the puking so there's that:
Olympic Yarn
I like it a hell of a lot more than I did in roving form.

Olympic Yarn
It’s not nearly as jarring with the colors blended together like that.
Olympic Yarn
I’m still not totally convinced, though…
Olympic Yarn

But I do love this merino. It spun like a dream and the yarn is smooshy and soft and just beautiful. I have a feeling it will knit up fabulously.

I gave the finished yarn a good soak in lavender wash:
Olympic Yarn
And now I’m waiting for it to dry.
Olympic Yarn
So the real question here is this…Can I pull off a shrug that is slightly neon green?

Olympic Yarn
Olympic Yarn
Possibly.

My plan at this point is to spin up 4 more oz and then decide if I’m going to overdye it or not. What do you guys think?

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:12 PM

    I think it looks great! But I know nothing about spinning :( Maybe you should teach me!

    I think it would make a really cute shrug - I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No to the overdye. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well of course you can pull off a shrug that's slightly neon green! But I have to say, that green don't look nuthin' like neon. It's vibrant, not neon!

    Spin the rest of it up, sleep on it (well, not actually *on* it - although *with* it is acceptable!), then if you don't like it, sell or overdye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:06 PM

    I like it. You could always test knit a swatch to see if it looks too neon. You can always overdye it in spun up form but keep in mind that it will certainly look different than if you overdye it unspun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:46 PM

    I like it too. The spin took the freakness out. Looks groovy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LURV IT just the way it is. I think you will look GREAT in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think it looks pretty neat! Can you try to knit a small swatch to see if you like it on you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually like the colors as is. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boo to the pukey sickness. Yeah to the pretty yarn. I agree with everyone else - I think it looks great. And if you aren't sure, yes, knit a swatch and see what you think. You can always decide whether or not to over-dye after a swatch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:21 AM

    Yes!!! Go with it as is. I happen to know you have a new dress that will look fabulous with a shrug from this yarn. Glad you are back in action.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:01 PM

    The yarn is gorgeous - I don't think you should overdye it. It doesn't look neon at all - it really is very pretty and would make a gorgeous shrug. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:23 PM

    I love it! How about knitting a swatch and see how you like the resulting fabric? Then you can knit as is or overdye. But you can totally pull this off!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. I love it just as it is, but if you are still iffy just overdye it that way you will love it and wear it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:49 PM

    I think it is really pretty - it doesn't look neon green to me. You can always overdye it once it is all knitted up, right?

    ReplyDelete
  15. The yarn is stunning, Jeanne. Please do not overdye!!! Knit the shrug and if you hate it, I will buy it! Seriously. I love bright green.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...