January 2, 2008

Resolutions

Ok first of all....


Happy New Year, Everyone!

Since everyone seems to be posting their resolutions I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon and do the same. So here are my big Knitting/Blogging Resolutions for 2008:

1.) Finish blogging my Peru trip.
2.) Learn how to knit stranded colorwork without being completely freaked out by it
3.) Design more patterns possibly even a sweater
4.) Speaking of sweaters…dust off and finish Matt’s Durrow.
5.) Take more in progress pictures and not always just pics of finished things
6.) Spin something other than 2 ply
7.) Learn how to spin silk (I got a whole bunch of silk top for Christmas)
8.) Update the 100 things about me list from 2005 that is super outdated.

There you have it. Pretty simple, right? No pressure or anything. Just some goals for the next year….

Oh and just so that this post isn’t completely photo free here’s a pic of another one of my holiday knits:
Felted slippers
Striped Slipper Socks from Knit One Felt Too knit out of random worsted wool yarn from my grandma and some blue Patons Classic Merino on size 11 needles. I followed the pattern exactly except that I threw in a few extra rounds to the length.

These were knit at the very last second for my brother for Christmas b/c I heard from his girlfriend that he wore holes in his last pair. Clearly he needed a new one and clearly these can be knit in very little time. Perfect last minute gift. Although he was confused as to why they were wet when he opened them… For the record felting something the day you have to gift it isn’t the best of plans. But when you’re a serial procrastinator like I am sometimes it’s the only option….

I hope everyone had a fun, safe New Years Eve!

9 comments:

  1. love that you gifted wet felted slippers ;)

    happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... he wore them out! They do look super comfy.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Way to go on the resolutions. I am not so good at those. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Those slipper socks are so cute. I really need to knit/felt up a pair for myself. Also - your hat & flip-top mitten combo look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:13 AM

    Oh yeah. My boys wore wet slippers around the house because they couldn't wait any longer! Happy New Year!
    Spinning silk was very fun for me. I'd like to get some more to play with! I plied it with wool and I'm planning on dyeing it in some sort of homespun dyextravaganza this month sometime.
    Happy New Year! Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! I like those felted slippers - I made a pair too using the Fibertrends pattern and enjoyed the process. It hadn't occurred to me that silk is spun differently than other fibers - I love silk though so I can't wait to see how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really cute!

    Good luck on your resolutions! Mine include such things as not buying yarn until June, and finishing or frogging all of my UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:07 AM

    Happy New Year! Nice Slipper Socks. Any travel plans for '08?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...