January 14, 2008

Resolution #2

Ok so it’s cold and dreary out and my brain still thinks its Sunday. I have nothing interesting to say at all right now…but I’m procrastinating going to the grocery store. Boo. ...so how about a finished project?
Norwegian Star Hat
That would be the Norwegian Star Earflap Hat by the wonderful knitblogger Tiennie. As soon as I saw it on her blog way back when I knew I wanted to knit it. So last weekend after I ran out of yarn on Juliet I stash dug some Patons Classic Merino (I have an embarrassing amount of Patons in bright colors from the Felted Bag Bender of ‘06) and went to town:
Norwegian Star Hat
For some reason the lighting in my bathroom is better than anywhere else… can’t wait for the sun to come back so my photos will stop sucking. I hate this dark when I leave in the morning / dark when I get home at night crap. At least we’re on the upswing now…

Norwegian Star Hat
Yeah. I took these about 10 min before I left for work one day....
Norwegian Star Hat
I’m not very fierce pre-coffee… ugh.

Despite my issues photographing it I did love knitting this hat. The pattern was clear and simple to follow and the chart was extremely easy to read.
Norwegian Star Hat


Which means that I have conquered Resolution #2. Color work does not freak me out anymore. In fact I even knit it double handed holding the blue in my left hand and the gray in my right.


Norwegian Star Hat
Clearly, a pair of matching mittens are in order.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:12 PM

    Nice job! I love the colors you chose too! Now that #2 is out of the way, how 'bout getting moving on #1?!?! LOL I can't wait to see more pics of Peru.(I'm living vicariously through you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:20 PM

    It turned out fabulously! Love the pompoms! Thanks for the nice words about my blog and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hat turned out fab! Yay for not being scared of colorwork anymore (I love colorwork and hardly ever do any of it, since most of my yarn stash is variegated, alas). And even with the lack of sunlight, I think the photos turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I so love the color combo! And yes the mix pom poms are a cute touch!

    Mitts are definitely in order!

    Great knit job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:29 PM

    OooOOOoOOoo The hat looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great hat! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the hat! Great colors. I definitely need one for this snowboarding season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:31 AM

    Yeah colorwork! Love the pattern and the colors are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That hat came out terrific. Good for you for conquering colorwork. Looks like you're a pro already.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous hat! I love the color and those cute little pompoms. I want to try my hand at some faireisle - and even dreamt about it this weekend. It wasn't promising as I had to unknit in the dream. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how that hat turned out - the color combination is really nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...