May 1, 2007

What I’ve been working on

So there’s been lots of knitting going on over here even if the blogging hasn’t quite been up to date. I’ve basically been working on only 2 projects...

One pair of Socks:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Photo Hosted at Buzznet

I nicknamed these my “spring socks” because everything about them reminds me of spring. The colors make me think of Easter eggs:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
and even the name of the pattern – Raindrop Lace - is very Springy. Both the yarn (fleece artist) and pattern (Raindrop Lace Socks from Fibertrends) came from my SP8 waaaay back when. I’m glad I’m finally getting around to knitting them!

And one lace shawl:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
That would be the Shetland Triangle Shawl that is knit out of the wisdom teeth pity yarn. I love this project.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
I love that the pattern is simple enough to be semi-mindless but complex enough to hold my attention.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
I love the color and the way the silk in the yarn comes through in little shiny bits. I love the way the fircone pattern causes the stitches to swirl around.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
I love that not once during the knitting was I ever bored of it.

These pictures were all taken on Saturday when I had 2 rows left – I finished those and cast off last night. Sadly blocking it is going to have to wait awhile – tomorrow I’m leaving for a work conference in San Antonio! I’ve never been to San Antonio before so I’m pretty excited.

And while I’m there I’m totally going to mess with Texas.

6 comments:

  1. The colors of the Fleece Artist are so delicate! I don't know why I find them so appealing - they're not my style at all.

    Have fun in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects are so pretty! As the weather gets warmer (what was up with yesterday?!), all I really want to knit are socks and lace.

    Do you read Courtney's blog Yarn Tootin'? She lives in San Antonio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:31 AM

    Your Shetland Lace Triangle looks beautiful. That pattern is on my horizon too.

    San Antonio is a nice city for a business trip. I've been there a couple of times for conventions, and I had a lot better time than on similar visits to other cities. Try to sneak off and see the Alamo.

    primetimeknitter.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey jeanne - love both projects and can't wait to see the shawl blocked! the color of the yarn for both are awesome and you are right...the socks are totally springy!
    great pics, too...love the first one of the sock standing up...very arsty shot : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun in San Antonio! I can't wait to see more pictures of that shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are looking just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...