October 6, 2006

This week is finally over!!!

Other things that are making me happy right now that I've been wanting to blog about:

1.) I’m posting this from home – my internet is back up!!!!

2.) Today was my big work deadline. Everything got done!! Everything was submitted on time!!! And I must say it all pretty much kicked ass.

3.) I have neighbors! We’ve lived on our street for a year now (house-iversary was last week, no post b/c no internet) and I love our neighborhood and I’m glad we moved here for a million reasons but we didn’t really know anyone close by. Then out of the blue we were invited to a clam bake at a house down the street … It was Sat. night… and we didn’t know anyone there (not even the host)… but now we do! It turns out that our entire block is pretty much young couples with little kids. We had a ball… and met some really cool people (who live on our street!!) I’m so happy to finally have neighbors!

4.) Melt – the new restaurant in Lakewood. I went last Fri… good food made with mainly local ingredients (like local beer brats), good atmosphere, good mix of people… defiantley worth a try.

5.) They made fun of Carl Monday on the Daily Show. It. Was. Awesome. Go Here to watch the segmant - it's the first two on the list.

5.) Tomorrow we are going to my aunt and uncle’s studio in Oberlin – Riverdog – for their open house… and the exhibit is on my great-grandfather’s photography. I can’t wait to see it all. Plus their studio sits on 20+ fenced-in acres of woods so we’re bringing the herd to let them run. Should be funtimes.

6.) Speaking of the herd… Max goes home on Sunday! Our dog-to-people ratio will go back to normal! Dexter is actually going with him because…

7.) Monday is October 9th… which means that two years ago we were doing this:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
(more pics on the photoblog - scroll down- the wedding galleries are at the bottom)

To celebrate we’re going to go to the fingerlakes for some much needed relaxation and wine. We’re staying at this cute little bed and breakfast in Penn Yan on the Keuka Lake. Two days off of work to watch the leaves change and drink wine? Perfect.

8.) I was able to return 2 skeins of DalegarnFalk that I bought for the Andy Hunting Socks and with it bought this:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Yeah buddy! New yarn! And a new magazine! I bought it on Tues and haven’t even had a chance to open it yet – but as soon as I finish this post I plan on remedying that.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet Photo Hosted at Buzznet

The yarn is one skein of Cashmerino that is slated to become fetching. My plan is to take only this project with me to the finger lakes. I don’t expect I’ll do much knitting on this trip but I need to be prepared…I have a very strong feeling that Sunday night we’re going to have to find a bar to watch the Steelers game even though we are on a romantic anniversary vacation in beautiful wine country. Yeah… I am a great wife.

Anyways I’m going to go curl up with my new magazine for an hour before we go out tonight…

Have a wonderful weekend!!! I’m sure I’ll have lots of pictures to post when we get back on Tues....

9 comments:

  1. Yay, End of week! Yay, Neighbours! Yay, Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jeanne, you were such a beautiful bride. What a gorgeous dress and wedding party. It all looks so glorious. I hope you and Matt have a FANTASTIC getaway anniversary weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun that u have so many young neighbors! and i can't wait to see ur fetching(s) (plural? who knows lol)...the pattern looks awesome and i know that yarn rocks!
    happy early anniversary...hope u have a fab time at the opening and on ur getaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! Very nice wedding pics, thanks for sharing. It feels great to kick ass on a work deadline too! Enjoy your fun weekend and I can't wait to see Fetching - that's going to be a FAB color for that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have a super fun weekend planned! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!

    I graduated from Keuka College! It's beautiful up there this time of year. I hope you get to go to Bully Hill Vineyarn (it's my favorite wine!) Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:51 PM

    I just looked at the album of wedding pics again and reminisced about all the fun times we had that day. What an awesome wedding!
    And I'm jealous of your new knitting project! They look like a lot of fun. Weren't you making something like this last year too?!
    Hope your trip to the finger lakes is a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh so sweet and beautiful!!! Happy anniversary!!! :-))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...