October 22, 2006

Strep.

So thanks so much for all of your nice comments on my Odessa! I’m sorry I’ve been MIA on returning the emails but I’ve been housebound with strep throat… Seriously. Haven’t had that since I was 10… ugh. I’ve spent the better part of four days now in a heap on the couch watching really, really bad tv (if there’s bad TRL on I have no will power… I haven’t seen Trading Spaces in years and it’s nice to know Hilde still sucks).

I’ve also been obsessing over this sock:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Knit out of Lorna’s Laces Shepard sock in Desert Flower on size 1 needles… toe up… using a heel flap and the rib pattern from Thuja.

I’m going to go take my antibiotic and go back to bed now… tomorrow I make my triumphant return to the world of the living (meaning work).

Hope you had a better weekend than I did!

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been so sick - I hope you are feeling better soon. I used to never miss an episode of Trading Spaces - but now I can't remember the last time I watched it. It doesn't seem the same without a host to move things along. I wonder if Frank is still on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Crap! I hope you at least got some decent knit time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh snap - hope u r feeling better, jeanne! my nieces, sil and bil all have strep right now and are miserable. poor thing! the sock looks great...love the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:18 AM

    Poor you, I hope you'll be feeling much better soon! I'm sending lots of positive vibes and energies from all over the pond!
    Love your socks, the colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bummer! Hope you still get enough rest after work. Your sock is beautiful! That's a great colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH that sucks beyond words!!! I hope you're ok now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh honey! I am so sorry to hear that you have been so sick. Glad to know that you are at least better enough to return to work.

    BTW, congrats on the toe up sock. It looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Bummer! Strep sucks! I got it from one Glad to hear that you are starting to feel better!

    Love the sock. The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strep throat? Oh no! How miserable! I hope you feel better by now...

    (Great sock, though!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...