October 16, 2006

Sunday in Odessa

K so after the sock issue I decided to go back to knitting something a little more flexible with the gauge thing…like a charity hat!
Pattern: Odessa from Magknits – I saw a super-cute one of these on In Knitting News a long, long time ago and have been wanting to knit one since then.

Timeline: I cast on a few weeks ago when I was going through a beading not blogging phase… and then didn’t really look at it much until yesterday.

Modifications: none, really (is this a first?)
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Yarn: about half of a ball of Cotton Ease that the groups Caps for the Cure was kind enough to send me. I think I may even still have enough left to knit another hat out of the same ball!

The verdict: Knitting with beads is fun but a giant pain in the butt. Stringing them sucked a lot. But the hat is soooo worth it. I love it. It’s cute, it’s funky, it was a semi-mindless knit. Great pattern. It will be hard to send this one away!

14 comments:

  1. That looks great. I like the subtleness of the beads. I didn't know Cotton Ease would work for Odessa. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! It looks awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty...love the lil glints of light the beads give off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo... makes me want to make one. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out great! My SIL wants me to knit her a hat - maybe I could make an Odessa for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! I love the hat -- and the beads are the *perfect* touch. I've been meaning to try knitting with beads, and this looks like a good starter project. I may have to try it out...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:07 AM

    I totally adore your Odessa, it's so beautiful with these shiny beads in between, and the color of the yarn you chose is just perfect too! Great job! I've been wanting to do Odessa for quite a long time already - but I suppose if I'll ever try it, I'll do it without beads - even though they look so fantastic, I'm afraid I wouldn't have the patience to work with them...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhh that is beautiful! Great choice for the beads!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the In Knitting News shout out! You made my day!

    Your Odessa is beautiful. I had not thought of Cotton Ease for Odessa but can see how that would work quite well with the beads and still be soft enough for a bald head.

    Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:06 AM

    it is very generous of you to make such a pretty hat ffor charity! Good kharma for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the hat! It is too cute! The beads do really add a "little somthin"!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! The beads are very cute. What a good cause ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...