October 14, 2006

Sock gauge

So apparently gauge does matter for socks.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Yeah that would be the start of the Widdershins socks with the ribbed pattern from the Thuja socks but with a short row toe. I thought all would be good… widdershins called for 7 stitches to an inch… my ball band said that’s what I would get… the Sockulator gave me the same number of stitches for my shoe size at 7 stitches per inch… all was good.

Except I’m not getting 7 per inch. I’m getting 8.

So this pretty sock:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
doesn't fit at all. Nevermind.

10 comments:

  1. boo : (
    the colors are sooo yummy, though...u'll get it, don't worry. can't wait to see them when they're done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time around was just practice. Now you can grab a larger set of needles and do the "real" sock. You know, now that you are all practised up...and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I hope the gauge works out next go-round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, see, you practiced the toe-up on smaller needles just "to get ready" and now you will move up to a bigger needle and it will be such a breeze!

    Great start on the toe up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bTW, what yarn is that because it looks luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:27 PM

    The toe up looks so good! Also, if you really like the Thuja rib, just figure out how many stitches are in the repeat and increase a few extra times. That way, you dont' have to rip out the whole way. (I think Thuja is 3x1 rib, so 4 stitches per repeat. Maybe adding an extra 4 or 8 stitches would work)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bugger! That yarn is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:31 AM

    Oy, I'm so sorry! That yarn is totally delicious though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh that is such a beautiful colourway!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHH Bummer, the color is gorgeous though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...