October 25, 2006

Knee highs?

So I’ve reached that magical point where my sock is as tall as the foot:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

This is supposed to be where the sock is done… but I still have all of this yarn left:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Seriously.... waaay too much yarn to just leave:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

So I’m thinking knee-highs…. All I have to do is increase to fit my freakishly large calves right? And then just continue as planned with the knitting until I run out of yarn? But I have to somehow increase within the ribbing pattern....Hmmm…. I think some googling and perhaps even a little sketching is in order. I’ll let you know what I find out.

In other news if you’re an Office fan like we are you can now watch every single episode online Here. Or you could watch Buffy or even the sadly cancelled Arrested Development. Goodstuff.

8 comments:

  1. Definitely knee highs. And I love Arrested Developement. I would marry it. And i'm not keen on marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. horray for knee highs!!!!
    and omg...I LOVE THE OFFICE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, if you go to Magknits and click on the pattern for their . . . . . stay with me for a minute . . . . . .felted pumpkin you might find what you need.

    NO, NO, NO, I do not mean to imply that your calves are anyway, shape or form resembling a pumpkin (tee hee) HOWEVER, the pattern for said pumpkin includes increases with the ribbing.

    Basically what they did was have you increase in the knit sections and left the purl sections alone. However, if you did just that you would have ever widening knit sections with continually thin purl sections.

    My suggestion would be to analyze the increasing for the knit and do the same for the purl (but in reverse obviously).

    If you alternate the increases in the knit and purl sections, it MAY work???????

    Just a thought.. . but I am rambling now b/c I am at work but I have totally disassociated myself from work since I only have 8 more work days left before I move! AACK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm....if you kept the increases in one seam along the back it could work. Increase until you have enough to break the knit rib off into a Y and add a purl ridge to the center then increase in it until it's the right size. Sketching is definitely in order and I think I may do just that. Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! I love that yarn! And how much fun are knee socks? Yea for knee socks!

    And it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one with freakishly large calves. I went out and tried on some really cool black boots last weekend, and zipping them up over my calves was like trying to shove a Great Dane in a mailbox. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:47 PM

    OK, I love that yarn. And since I need sock yarn about as much as I need a labotomy, I implore you to NEVER tell me what that yarn is, even if I beg.

    And honey, if your calves are freakishly large, mine probably scare the boogey man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:27 AM

    This sock yarn is absolutely amazing - and yay for knee highs, you'll certainly have enough yarn left for that, and they're going to look *awesome*!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love that yarn. Such a pretty combination of colors. Knee highs sound fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...