October 13, 2013

Mastitis.

So.  I disappeared again there for a bit.  I can sum up my lack of blogging in one word:

Mastitis.

Those of you who know what that is are probably currently thinking

"Oh NO!  I had that and it was HORRIBLE.  I thought I was going to DIE.  WORST. EVER."

But for those of you who don't know what it is... basically it's an infection that happens sometimes when you're nursing causing high temperatures and flu-like symptoms.  It starts with a clogged duct and can go south very quickly.  Or in my case in the course of a few hours you go from happily hosting a family dinner for your mom's birthday to your husband putting you in a cold bath b/c your fever is so high you can't form coherent sentences.  Yeah.

IMG_3427

But!  Antibiotics are a miracle and I have a good support system and an amazing husband so I'm basically mended now.  Still a bit run down.  But it's been a hell of a week.  My family does NOT work with me this out of it.  All off the balls are dropped.  Boo.

IMG_3467
This is the furthest the dog was from me during the whole ordeal.  She WOULD NOT leave me alone.  I think she was really worried.
I'm lucky that in all my many months/years of nursing this is the first time I've ever had this nonsense happen.  They say your third kid is the one that makes you stop having kids....


IMG_3395
Who Me?
Anyways Just so that this isn't a totally downer post how about a quick Vine (are you on vine?  Love me some vine.  I'm Sourire11 there, too.) of my kids dancing to a polka band at the Slovenian National House?


Sorry that it's sideways.  Matt took it (verozarc on vine) and he's still figuring out this social media thing...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...