October 25, 2013

I blame pintrest.

So I blame pintrest for the following nonsense:

1.)  The t-shirt scarves.  You guys I made another one.  It was even easier than the last one:

Another day another crazy simple scarf. I'm finding cutting up my old maternity shirts to be very therapeutic. #scarf #upcycle #tshirt #tshirtscarf #sew #sewing
BOOM.
I used a maternity shirt that was one of the very first maternity things I bought back when I was newly pregnant with my daughter:

tshirt to ruffle scarf
yeah it was a long time ago.
There's tons of tutorials out there - I especially liked this one by simply bloom - but the bottom line is this:

I sewed the pieces together instead of gluing b/c I'm not quite down the pintrest rabbit hole far enough to bust out the glue gun.  I'm afraid once I do that I"ll black out and wake up 3 days later in a haze of chevrons and burlap muttering to myself about wasi tape.

AHEM.


2.)  Doing this to my nails:

Half moon manicure.  The purple is A Grape Catch from @alllacqueredup 's Fingerpaints collection. The silver is Fingerpaints A Key to my Art. Super simple to do and I'm basically in love with this purple!  #fingerpaints #nails #halfmoonmani #nailart
Yeah.  In my defense the polish (A Grape Catch from Fingerpaints) was designed by a local blogger - Michelle from All Lacquered Up.  I think a blogger getting their own nail polish line is about the coolest thing ever so I had to do something really neat with it.  Although just to have them painted at all right now is a feat of time management insanity so this is probably the last time I do something that labor intensive.  But pretty!

3.)  My dining room table currently looks like this:

IMG_3816
You guys.  I CAN'T EVEN.  Back in Sept. I promised the girl I would make her Twilight Sparkle for Halloween.  I found a great tutorial online, bought the fabric, and was all yay for homemade costumes!  This will be fun!  Whoo hoo!
 
Yeah.  Halloween is less than a week from today.  Bottom line is I'm in over my head.  WAY over my head. Because I am an idiot.  Did I somehow forget the Maleficent Debacle?  And the subsequent Wine?  Or the Tinkerbell replacement costume?  Seriously I should have learned my lesson:

Homemade costumes lead to drinking. 

Although...

IMG_3654

The Maleficent costume has been getting alot of play in the dress up box lately.

IMG_3655

So... maybe this will be worth it?  Twilight sparkle is skeptical.
As am I.

She is going to lose her mind when I show her this tomorrow. #unicorn #twilightsparkle #mlp #mylittlepony #halloween
 Stay tuned.  It's going to get interesting.  Pass the wine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...