October 23, 2013

Girl Problems.

So.  I don't know if it's the influx of testosterone in our household thanks to her new brother or maybe just her age but lately my daughter has turned into a GIRL.  Not the 2 year old version where she dresses up in princess dresses and tiaras and dances around with her stuffed animals.  Although that was fun, too.  I mean a real girl.  A grown up one.  With problems that are going to plague her for the rest of her life.  It's amazing and awesome and heartbreaking to watch because I get it.  I SO get it.

I first noticed it after she went back to school shopping with my mom.  She told me:

"there were some things that I wanted.  Like really cute clothes.  But they weren't on sale.  So I'll have to wait and maybe look for them another time."

BEEN THERE, KID.

Untitled
Then one day last week I found her sitting in the middle of her room.  The contents of her shoe bin were spread all around her and she was obviously very distraught.  I asked her what was wrong and she said:

"I just can't decide what shoes to wear."

HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME.

image
The clincher was when she was getting dressed this morning.  She came to me in distress once again and said:

"Mommy, I just don't have enough pairs of black pants."

OH HONEY NEITHER DO I.  None of us do.  And we all own at least several pairs.  This is coming from a child who can rock pants with flowers and polkadots and stripes and all sorts of nonsense.  But nothing beats a good pair of black pants.  I get it.  I SO get it.   We all do.

What happens when we go out unsupervised. We also got 8 yards of fabric. And ice cream. #girlsnightout #girlmom
Girls night out.
And as an added bonus picture... my girl 4 years ago when she was only 6 months old.  Before she had all of these girl problems.

Throwback Thurs: my daughter at 6 months old. Pic taken 4 years ago!   #tbt
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...