April 14, 2010

Thirty

So a long time ago after going to one too many birthday parties in a row my group of friends declared that for 30 we were not going to have to do the whole thing once a month all year. No. Instead we would have one BIG CELEBRATION somewhere spectacular and awesome and really worthy of 30.

I believe we decided this sometime in 2002.

Right. That’s all easy to say when you’re 22. But 8 years later when the chips are down and it’s time to actually plan/pay for/take vacation time for a trip like this it’s a different story. Uh huh.

We leave for that trip tomorrow.*

I love my friends.

Napa, California is our destination and I think it's exactly right for 30 - Party atmosphere but not Vegas, chill but still lots to do and see, and swanky without being super pricey (if you pick the right places, that is). There are a total of 11 of us going from literally every corner of the country. If we have to travel to see each other might as well go somewhere uberfun.

I can’t wait.

And while I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t nervous to leave my girl I know she’s in good hands:
New Tooth
Grandma and Grandpa will take good care of me.

New Tooth
See my new toothie?

New Tooth
Look it’s my doggie!

And if she takes her first steps while we’re gone there better be a video of it. (I’m really, really hoping we don’t miss her first steps because OHTHEGUILT)

As far as travel knitting goes I’m only bringing one project. The last Epic Trip I took I had a Monkey with me:
IMG_1996
Monkey on the train to Puno, Peru.

And it was the perfect travel project. So this time I’m repeating that only with my own yarn:
Berlin Monkey
Happy yarn cake of Destination Yarn colorway Berlin.

Oh and I didn’t even tell you the best part yet – Saturday is my actual 30th. How great is it that it worked out that way? So this is my last blog in my 20’s. Not sure how I feel about that…

Catch you on the other side!!!

*This would be the same group of friends that decided that the day after college graduation we were flying to Vegas. To sum up… someone once told me that I hadn’t really been to Vegas unless I had seen Cirque. I replied that she hasn’t really been to Vegas until she invited a bartender to her wedding and had a lounge singer buy her breakfast. Best. Trip. Ever.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Have a blast! What a great way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! It sounds like it will be fabulous. Enjoy every minute. I'm sure your cutie pie will, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great birthday, Jeanne! Sounds like a great way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, Happy! Have a drink for CKW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous! happy birthday and have fun!!!!! I wish someone would watch my baby so I could enjoy a trip parent free! what a fantastic birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!! Hope you have an awesome time! Have a glass of wine for me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...