June 14, 2008

Ahead

So right now I’m at a wedding in North Carolina but thanks to the genius of the new Blogger Draft’s “schedule” feature I can blog while not around to blog! Super fun.

Anyways remember when I said I was in a vortex of tulle? Right now I’m at a wedding, and last weekend I was at a bachelorette party for a different wedding. And can I just say a big thank you to all of my bridesmaids for not forcing me to do anything that involved peni in any form? No straws or hats or slippers or..... piñatas:
bachelorette party
Yup.

The party bus/dancing was ridiculously fun, though:
bachelorette partybachelorette party
I made good friends with the band after a random dude at the bar “so is the band any good or am I going to have to gouge my eyes out? Because I cannot handle any more crap music tonight after whatever that was on the bus.” His response? “I hope so, I’m in it.” Oops. But then we became buddies when I explained that the bus party mix included such awful as “Party all the Time” which really should never be mentioned unless in a clip show mocking it. He was right, thought - the band was awesome. They even played the Save Ferris version of "Come on Eileen" and noone can tear up the dance floor to that song like Jill and I. Also there was drunken swing dancing that might have been a FAIL due to neither of us knowing the “guy part”. Uh huh.
bachelorette party
Funtimes.

As for knitting content… I’ve decided that the only way to finish up some of my unfinished projects was to lock myself in a room with them. Or take only them on a weekend trip. So the only knitting I have with me is this:
Sahara
Sahara, modified to be knit out of bamboo (on rav here).

I stopped knitting this when I tried it on and realized that there were some serious issues with the sleeve sizing and I was going to have to rip and reknit. That was a year ago.

And just to leave you with some pretties – my roses are all in bloom:
June Roses
So pretty!
June Roses
June Roses
Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time!!! Hmm... I have to co-host a bachelorette party this fall and I think a party bus may be the way to go!

    From what I see your Sahara looks gorgeous and looks like it would go nicely with your roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTF?? I was in Cleveland this past weekend and you were here in NC? What kind of screwed up Karma is that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Party All the Time? PARTY ALL THE TIME?!?! Haven't we banned that song in this country yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:51 PM

    Sounds like a blast indeed. Pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...