June 22, 2008

#2 & 3, Paris

Paris is one of my favorite cities. Easily top 5 of any place I’ve ever been. So defining it in yarn form was a bit daunting…
LOUVRE
arch di triumph

I decided after a bit of experimentation that it needed to be broken down into two colorways:
Paris Day

Paris day:
Paris
notre dame paris
Paris Day


Which is a self-striping yarn and will stripe to look something like this:
Paris Day
Paris Day
(btw. Knitting the test socks for my yarn has been so much fun. Almost as much fun as the dying!)

And Paris Night:
parisnight
Paris Night
Which is a verigated blend of purples, deep blues, and burgundy.
Paris Night
I can almost taste the wine!

Both are now available at Destination Yarn!

(again, I’m really excited about this, please bear with me)!

*********EDITED TO ADD************
Well I sold out of the first round of Paris Day! You guys are amazing! Thanks so much for your support! I do, however, have a few skeins that have a knot in them (I’m still figuring the best system for winding and in the process I ‘effed up a few skeins). I wasn’t sure I was going to sell them because of the knots – I hate when I find a knot in yarn… nothing is more frustrating - especially in a self-striping. So what I’ve decided to do is offer the skeins with knots in them as “Seconds” and knock $1 off the price. I think that’s a fair way to do it….

12 comments:

  1. You should be excited . . . . very excited . . . . they are so beautiful. I think Paris Night is my favorite (so far). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you! What a wonderful idea. And your colorways are goooorgeous. Be prepared to become one of those coveted yarn dyers that people stalk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Paris. In a soul-yearning, I-would-move-there-tomorrow-if-I-didn't-have
    -a-house-and-responsibilities-and-stupid-
    grownup-crap-like-that kind of way. You're right, far too much beauty to be contained in one colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:34 PM

    Hurrah! New shop for me to watch!
    You have beautiful colours there. I love "Paris Day"
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is this new project! I'm so proud of you for setting up the etsy shop! The logo is super fun by the way. I hope you try a San Fran colorway or maybe a Sequoia or Yosemite one. ;) Oh the possibilities are so endless! I love them all so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the Paris Day yarn. The Night too for that matter. Someday I'll make it over there....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:17 AM

    How fun! I think you did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next summer is Paris for me... June 22-30... Paris and London. I can't wait! And I bought Paris Day in anticipation.

    Great job, Jeanne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your photos, especially the low-vantage point ones of the architecture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:17 PM

    oooohhhhh, I LOVE those too!!!! You're doing some great color combos and I LOVE the striping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. paris definitely a most magical place in my top five too! and to think at least till september there's non-stop flights from cleveland, oh now if only someone would give me a ticket! ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paris night would be gold and deep blue to me--just like your photo of the Eiffel tower. I am definitely going to live in Paris at least part of the year, as soon as my son graduates from high school and gets settled in a nice college (only one more year to go!)

    --marina (quiltnut on ravelry)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...