June 23, 2008

#4 Tampa, Florida

Every winter I go to Tampa, Florida to visit my grandparents (blogged here, here, and here). Coming from the gray, bleak, snowy Cleveland winter my first reaction off of the plane is always “Look how green everything is!” And then I spend a weekend soaking in as much sun as possible by the pool:
florida
To describe this feeling in yarn form I’ve used exaggerated, vivid greens and the brightest of blues.
Tampa, Florida

You can almost feel the sunshine!
Tampa, Florida

Tampa, Florida

Available Here at Destination Yarn

Also exciting? I’m now a “yarnie” on Ravelry. Yup. Here’s the site. How much fun is that?! I feel like a real business now that I’m listed on Ravelry.

In other Etsy pimping news – Jackie also started an Etsy venture this weekend: Gaslight Dyeworks. I covet her roving balls… and I have a sneaking suspicion I know where my first sale money is going to go….

Only one colorway left!

14 comments:

  1. YAY! The colorways are all so pretty! Simply lovely. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:12 PM

    Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:57 PM

    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your yarns are beautiful

    My Destination place would be Hawaii and the colors I would pick would be corals for the coral reefs and some bright vivid colors for the tropical fish and flowers that grow there also shades of blues for the ocean and orange to reds for the sun sets


    Deborah (wildthing1058)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:40 AM

    Love your colors! Great idea for a shop name too. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:46 AM

    Love the yarns and your inspiration---what a fabulous idea! What is No. 5? Cleveland? I can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must admit I cannot pick a favorite one yet. I don't comment too often but I had to tell you that I think you are doing such a great job with these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool idea! Northern England is my favorite place on earth, and I'd do a gray-and-green-and-white yarn to represent it...moor colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the vibrant blues and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tampa is a very refreshing colorway. It makes me feel like splashing around in a swimming pool just looking at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! You have such a wonderful concept here. I am in love with all of your colorways but really like this one right now. I am so drawn to peaceful ocean views right now so this one is calling my name.

    I guess I would also like the colors in all hues of blues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This color way reminds me of my favorite place- Dutch St Maarten!
    Kenyetta on Ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great! I love the first picture, and I totally get what you mean about the feeling of getting to a place and trying to capture it. For me that great place is the Caribbean, when the plane is coming in for a landing from the air and you can see white beaches and turquoise water below, especially when it is the dead of winter back home. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at you go! : ) Destination Yarn is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...