February 21, 2008

Goodbyes, Mittens, and Lunch.

So one of my good friends and rowing teammates is moving to Seattle. Sadness is sure to ensue, however lots of fun was had giving her a proper sendoff:
Goodbye Jackie!
The girls

Goodbye Jackie!
Jackie with the guys

Goodbye Jackie!
Matt doing the Muppet run, of course.

Some karaoke happened which is never/always a good plan:
Goodbye Jackie!
Goodbye Jackie!
Goodbye Jackie!

And Osam and Alyson came into town for the occasion for the first time since he moved back to the ‘nati:
Goodbye Jackie!

I know Jackie will do well and this is a big promotion and all... but we're so going to miss her.
Goodbye Jackie!
Anyways that marks 4 weekends in a row that we’ve either gone out of town (Pittsburgh, Cincinnati) or had friends in town (Joel/Ellen, Osam/Alyson) and this weekend we’re headed to Holiday Valley for a big skiing extravaganza.

My point? I don’t feel bad that I haven’t had a chance to block these yet:
norwegian mittens before blocking
They’ve been done for about 2 weeks now and I’m really just not happy with them. The colorwork is uneven and imperfect and I didn’t quite catch on to the whole knitting with two colors on double pointed needles thing until the end of the second mitten.
norwegian mittens before blocking
vnorwegian mittens before blocking

I’m hoping a severe blocking will fix them but I’m not holding my breath. I just hope I don’t have to rip them back at all. Boo to that.
norwegian mittens before blocking

In other news I’ve been having fun playing with all of the features of my new phone. The most fun for me is that it has a built in walkman so I can listen to NPR on the bus. The most fun for you is that it has a pretty decent camera on it:
noodle house
Just a random pic of Jessica and LB (she was in town for the day) at Teahouse Noodles one of my fav. lunch spots. I love this place. So tasty. Their rica rica sauce is mmmmm.

I’m still holding my breath for a camera that also happens to be a phone with a decent flash but until then this one is ok…
my desk at work
And finally – thanks so much to both Claudia and Andi for nominating me for a Make My Day Award! You guys are just too kind!!!

6 comments:

  1. Your mittens are gorgeous! The pictures give me chills though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steam block them. The 2 hats I did at Christmas looked like ass before I steam blocked them. It works miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:16 AM

    Looks like fun times were had! Wish your friend all the luck in Seattle. The mittens are absolutely gorgeous (at least by the pictures), I'm sure everything will turn out great! What kind of phone did you get (if you don't mind me asking)? It takes really great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a bevy of beauties and those mittens are lovely!
    came to you via the crafty weasel. hope you have a trip planned to visit your friend!
    off to knit....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:38 AM

    the mittens look nice to me! i'm sure they will be great after blocking. (said the girl who is too scared to try colourwork).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the mitts look great, too! So sad that Jackie's moving away...glad I got to hang out w/ her at knit knite a few weeks ago. Hopefully she'll have lots of great stories to share about her adventures in Seattle when she comes home to visit.

    Woohoo on the new phone...did I miss a post about what you got?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...