February 6, 2008

Congrats to Mark and Sarah!

So last weekend we went down to Cincinnati to throw an engagement party for our friends Sarah and Mark:
Sarah/Mark's Engagement Party
the happy couple.
I wanted to take a walk around UC’s campus and photograph some of the new stuff that’s gone on since I graduated waaaaay back in 2004 but sadly there was no time. I did, however, remember to bring my camera to the party because I wanted to get some nice group shots of my friends. Right. One martini in and I relinquished control of the camera to Osam. Which means instead I have pictures like this:
Sarah/Mark's Engagement Party
Sarah/Mark's Engagement Party
Sarah/Mark's Engagement Party
Sarah/Mark's Engagement Party
Heh. There are even more over on the flickr site.

We did manage to get at least one group shot of one of the tables:
Sarah/Mark's Engagement Party
Starting in the center going around - Lori Beth, Amy, Matt, Brian, Jason, Osam, Mike, Sarah (the bride!), Alyson, Me.
So that’s nice.

It was a really fun weekend. Great to see everyone again. And I’m so happy for Sarah – she was one of my bridesmaids and my roommate for about 90% of the time that we were engaged. She listened, agonized over swatches, gave me her honest opinion when I needed it, and helped to throw us a beautiful shower. But most importantly she was completely supportive and just ridiculously happy for us and thrilled to be a part of it all.

In short she was everything a bridesmaid should be:

If you're looking for crafting content - I made the necklace she's wearing.

I’m so very thrilled that I get to return the favor! Even if it means wearing bright pink taffeta. Actually I believe my exact (possibly martini fueled) thoughts were “I’ll wear a $900 neon green garbage bag if you want me to!” Let’s hope she doesn’t hold me to that.

(although I completely deserve it if she makes me wear dyed shoes)

5 comments:

  1. You were a stunningly lovely bride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of the 2 of you is beautiful! Your selection of a bridesmaid dress appears to be kind and just maybe...she'll be as kind to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:53 AM

    Congrats to the bride to be. Are there plans to knit a wedding shawl? Btw, very nice picture of you on your wedding day. Looks to have been the perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:03 PM

    Beautiful wedding photo. I love the bouquets. Thanks for stopping by Earthly Hues! Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! And the two of you are beautiful in together. Wishing Sarah much happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...