November 4, 2005

Sad blog



So I know my blog has been depressing lately but that’s life I guess….Last night was really sad. I helped my mom pick out pictures to display at the wake this afternoon. Today and tomorrow are going to be so much sadder.

Nonni’s obituary took up like half of a column in the newspaper just to list all of her family. As sad as this all has been she passed away in the best possible way. She lived such a good life and really had a chance to say goodbye. All of her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren saw her in her last week. That’s truly amazing. And she was completely there until the end – she never went senile or lost her memory or any of those awful things that can happen. She even beat my grandfather at a game of cards a few days ago! Her body just shut down. I think we’re all trying to find some comfort in that.

I’m leaving for the wake now. Please keep my family in your thoughts this weekend.

PS. Earlier today someone im-ed me – I hit escape accidentally as it was part of the AutoCAD command that I was working on – I have no idea who it was. So if you im-ed me and I ignored you I’m sorry!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...