November 27, 2007

Spun out.

So I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Sorry the blog sortof disappeared there for awhile – Life in Cleveland has been a bit on the crazy side lately. Big long update post coming… no big news or anything just lots of celebrations and parties and out of town guests and travel and well… Life.
Dexter Bath
Dexter does not like all of this Life because it requires him to have a bath.
Dexter Bath
Dexter Bath
And yes, I used the pink towel to further embarass him. Heh.

So last night we spent recovering from the weekend of busy and for me that meant dusting off the spinning wheel and getting back at it. There is really nothing more zen and relaxing than spinning. I love it. I do not, however, love that it is dark when I leave in the morning and dark when I get home at night. That makes for some un-good pictures of the pretty new yarn. So I threw together a super-ghetto “lightbox” out of a sheet and a desk lamp so that I could at least show you this:
Fire Yarn Fire Yarn

That would be 2 entire bobbins full of the fire fiber. I probably have enough left to spin at least 2 more. And because I’m definitely improving I’m going to wait until I spin two more bobbins of singles to ply it together. I labled the yarn cakes “1” and “2” in the order that I spun them. Then eventually I will ply bobbin “1” with the future bobbin “4” and bobbin “2” with the future bobbin “3”. That way the last and theoretically best bobbin will be plyed with the first and theoretically worst bobbin. Hopefully that will even things out quite a bit.
Fire Yarn
Also this should result in a lot of yarn. I have some ideas for what I want to do with it… nothing completely concrete though, yet.
Fire Yarn
For now I’m just going to enjoy the spinning.

11 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

    Your dexter is so CUTE getting a bath and man-oh-man, do I wish i could bath my dogs in the sink! Crackers will get in the tub and look utterly defeated on command. But not Hailey. First I have to catch the dog by her tail as she runs away from me and then carry her 75 pound WIGGINGLY and SQUIRMING butt into the bathroom and into the tub. And then I have to stand there and get wet as I pin her in place with my legs and wash her down. It's quite the ordeal! :)

    OH... and I am FASCINATED by the yarn spinning! How cool is that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best ghetto light box ever! LOL
    At least you have white sheets!

    Love the beautiful yarn cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarn is wonderful! What will the finished weight be? You definitely have a quicker learning curve on the spinning than me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yarn is amazing! WOW!

    You go girl with yo' bad sef! (a little ghetto what with a ghetto light box and all - he)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful yarn you spun! :-) Hey, we Ohio girls can do ghetto when we gotta!

    Poor Dex. My dogs, on the other hand, love baths. Anytime water is running in the tub, we have to lock them out of the bathroom. They will jump into the tub with my daughter. Crazy Labs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWW Dexter is super cute when wet! I wish I could wash my dogs! LOL I get wetter them if I try.

    Your yarn is gorgeous! It looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures of Dexter are absolutely cute. The first one is my favorite. Your fiber looks great as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:03 PM

    I don't think Dexter cares too much in that picture what the color of his towel is just as long as it's warm and cozy. LOL. Nice spinning. Maybe someday I'll get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww that pup is too cute! And I love the orange yarn, so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww... Dexter is so cute and he looks like he didn't give you too much trouble!

    Gorgeous yarn, I really like the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. dexter looks adorably annoyed ;) he was such a sweety cuddling w/ me the other night...when can i come over and do it again? love that doggy!

    ps - your pix are always so amazing now...i think i need a lesson (and probably a new camera, too haha).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...