November 1, 2007

The something very large

Look what we just bought:
Our New Car!!!

A new car!!!! Eeeeeh! Happy!

See we are not the type of people to make big decisions quickly. Our realtor literally thought we were nuts b/c we looked at so many houses in so many different neighborhoods over so many months…. And we dated for over 4 years before getting married. So this car thing has been going on for awhile. I think we test drove somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 cars? Yeah. Very time consuming. We knew we wanted a 5-door or a 4 door hatchback and that sortof limited our options…and we looked at everything from the tiny Fits or Aveos all the way up through some of the bigger crossovers like the Matrix and even tried some of the more novelty cars like the xB and the HHR and the Mazda3SPEED (which is super-fun).

In the end the car for us is a 2007 Chevy Malibu MAXX that in addition to passing the most important “do we like how it looks” test has all sorts of amazing and fun features. Like a drivers info panel that tells us how many miles we can go before we run out of gas and our oil life and our average fuel economy and what the temp is outside:

Our New Car!!!



And heated seats and a back seat DVD player.
Our New Car!!!


And fog lamps and shiny rims:
Our New Car!!!


But I think my favorite is that it has adjustable pedals. The pedals move! I don’t have to sit 3” away from the steering wheel so that my feet can reach the pedals anymore!
Our New Car!!!


And the ride is just so very smooth. At one point during our initial test drive Matt asked me “how fast do you think we’re going”. It was on a back country road so I said 40-45. He was going over 60. And on the way to Pennsylvania last weekend we had to make sure we set the cruise because 90 in this car feels like 60 did in our old car. Yeah.
Our New Car!!!
It’s a very grown-up car…. I can’t wait to drive it to DC tomorrow!

13 comments:

  1. Yeah for new car smell! I've got a plan to make the plunge in a 3 months or so... Yikes! 3 months?! Better get my butt in gear. :) (and I've picked one of your didn't-make-the-cut cars)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! COngrats guys! I totally laughed but completely understand your excitement about the pedals moving.

    Hey - check this little journal idea out : http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=859997#. Don't know if you'll like it, but I thought of you... so I thought I would share.

    Congrats again on the car! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:18 PM

    Woohoo! Enjoy your new car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHH pretty and shiny!! Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:04 AM

    Yippee! New car smell! Congrats on the new vehicle, and have fun driving it. I love getting new cars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:29 AM

    Cool Wheels! Watch out for those pesky birds. They just know when new cars are around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW EXCITING!!! It's so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new car! I never heard of the adjustable pedals feature - I could use that myself, as one requirement I always have for my cars is that they have power seats (to adjust them to be 3" from the steering wheel.) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on buying a new car!!! That's very exciting.

    My best friend and her husband sound a lot like you two. They took over a year to buy a house, and they looked at SEVERAL. They are the same way when buying a car, too! Heehee.

    Have fun in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! That's very exciting news. That is so freaking cool that it has adjustable pedals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New cars are always exciting! My husband bought a Maxx 3 years ago...and still likes it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...