November 14, 2007

Fast as fast can be

So last Thursday I cast on for the Back to School U-Neck (or on Ravelry) I’ve wanted to make for awhile:
Back to School U-Neck

Super-fast knit! I’m already to the waffle stitch part!

Back to School U-Neck

And it’s not like I’ve been doing nothing but work on this… To sum up or weekend: furniture shop, clear out the yard for winter, housewarming party, hangover, Panini’s for the big game (serious bummer right there - good thing my fantasy team won - that takes the edge off of it a little bit), grandparents for Sunday dinner. It was super-busy with not much of the knitting.

And yet somehow I’m already halfway done:

Back to School U-Neck

I think this proves that if I concentrate on one project and don’t let the malabrigio distract me I can make noticeable progress. Funny that.

Anyways now that I’ve said it’s a quick knit I have a feeling the rest of it is going to take for-ev-er… especially since I plan on adding short row bust shaping in addition to the vertical darts in the front. I have no idea how this is going to work with the waffle pattern but can’t be that hard to work around b/c 2 of the 3 rows are just knit. There’s got to be a way to do it…
Back to School U-Neck
Think there is any chance of me finishing by Thanksgiving?

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous shade of blue! You are so fast, you speed demon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I don't necessarily miss being a browns fan! Though I still have to be one by birthright and/or default. That said, it's not like the Broncos are doing all that great either!

    I find the knitting fascinating and whether you get done by Turkey Day - um, sure why not? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you have a great chance to finish it by Thanksgiving. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:45 PM

    Nicely done!! Very pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH yeah you can do it! you are more than halfway done already!

    Hey if you need help, Tammy andrea and I are going to be be at Caribou in Avon Commons on thurs evening for knitting, come anytime after 4 (I'll be there between 5 and 6) You can get a couple more hours of knitting in!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! That is on my list to knit next from that book!

    Good to hear it is a fast knit!
    It will continue to fly off your needles! :o)

    I see you are on a purple kick too! What yarn is that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! Purple!

    I'm dying to make a nice cabled vest, which is odd, because I have never liked vests.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely colour! Hmmm... I may have to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I love the color. That pattern is on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:06 AM

    Love that yarn! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...