July 15, 2011

Ohio Fiber Day!

So I am super excited about the Ohio Fiber Day tomorrow from 12-4 at River Colors. It's so fun to be a part of a day all about local fiber arts. The Ohio Fiber Network is going to be there:
The Ohio Fiber Network is dedicated to supporting Ohio fiber producers and artists, and to developing awareness of the diversity and beauty of Ohio farm yarns and fleeces
Yes. Please. Sign me right up. I can't wait to oogle all of the locally raised goodness. And Ohio fleeces? Might motivate me to actually dust off my spinning wheel. They are also doing dying and spinning demonstrations. Funtimes, indeed. And if that wasn't enough motivation to check it out how about this:
Silk Road
That would be a basket of my brand spanking new base yarn Silk Road:
Silk Road Sock
This luxurious blend of 50% silk and 50% superwash merino wool is incredibly soft. It is perfect for lace shawls and scarves or anything else worn close to the skin.
YUM. I actually tried out this base so that my mom could knit herself a ridiculously luxurious shawl for my brother's wedding:

Yeah. It's that nice.
Wedding shawl
Alhambra pattern by Anne Hanson knit w 2 strands of Destination Yarn Silk Road and one of Blue Heron Yarns held together.
Wedding shawl

Wedding shawl

I only have a few skeins of it in a few select semi-solid colorways:
Silk Road
Silk Road
Silk Road

So get it while you can because I have a feeling it's going to go quick!

I'm also going to do a drawing for one of these rare and luxurious skeins. To enter all you have to do is wear (or if it's a million degrees out like it's supposed to be bring) a finished object knit out of Destination Yarn.
Silk Road
Hope to see you there!!!

PS I have ONE skein of America the Beautiful that I reserved for this show. Just sayin'

4 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous shawl!

    And I'm glad you didn't talk about the importance of eating vegetables and prunes in this post, as I initially thought you might :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! And I have a hot of the needles shawl from surfing lesson I'm off to block now...so I can bring it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! I'm gonna miss it today! Best of luck to you, and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool that your mom knitted something to wear at your brother's wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...