February 9, 2011

Snow Days Skirt.

So I spend a solid percentage of my life doing and redoing and redoing the same things over and over again. With a toddler and a puppy it's easy to feel like you're on an endless treadmill constantly running but never getting anywhere. So when we were on day 4 or so of it looking like this outside:
Tshirt Skirt

And me receiving yet another "I'm working past bedtime" phone call I decided SCREW IT.  We're in survival mode. And for me the fastest way to get off the treadmill and feel like I'm actually being productive is to do something, anything, that won't be undone in 10 seconds. So I turned to the google, found this tutorial from Sew Much Ado, pulled some shirts out of the bags to donate, and within 15 min had turned this:
Tshirt Skirt

into this:
Tshirt Skirt

Yay scraps! About an hour and a half after I finally got her down I had this:
Tshirt Skirt
Cute, easy, basically free, possible to accomplish after even a late bedtime, and best of all not going to be immediately undone.  Exactly what I needed to feel human again.
 
sewing 017 copy

Of course I violated the cardinal rule of "always let the toddler pick out their own outfit" while trying to photograph it so what I really ended up with was this:
Tshirt Skirt
yeah.

Tshirt Skirt
NO CHEESE. OFF. (translation: stop taking pictures of me in my misery and get this skirt that I did not choose off of me)
Luckily I remembered cardinal rule #2 "distraction can cure almost any woe".
Tshirt Skirt
Look it's my doggie!
Tshirt Skirt
I love my SLEEPY DOT.

By the time we got home from our adventures she straight up loved the skrit. Twirling around in it and saying WOW. It's all about choice these days with her.
She now owns her own COPTER
The sunglasses (aka EYES) were clearly her own choice.
Also she is currently obsessed in a way that only a toddler can be with helicopters. I got her her very own matchbox one thus BLOWING HER MIND.
Tshirt Skirt
COPTER BOOM WEK (translation: helicopter, boom, wreck. she says this every time she drops it. hilarious)
And that's about all I've got for right now. Tomorrow? There will be yarn.

Oh and I'm trying to participate in the online blogging communities more so....

8 comments:

  1. This is awesome Jeanne! Seriously and you made that skirt that quick?! WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Multi-faceted are your craft skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'm glad she finally decided she likes it! I'd love it if you added a pic to our Flickr group to show it off! The link is: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1275633@N25/
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love upcycling. That's what I like about making the tote bags out of "plarn". Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new header.

    Also LOVE the skirt.

    Also, will you be at knit night tomorrow? I am pretty sure I will be & will be bringing the Chicken along.

    Lastly I have a proposal for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:12 PM

    Completely cute!

    A "heh-wuh-copter" was the only thing the kiddo wanted for Christmas, but he was too afraid to tell Santa. Luckily my dad came through anyway and now the kiddo thinks his Grandpap and Santa are tight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've won the CSN giveaway! Please email me at ktcwmom@gmail.com ro get your gift code. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie11:42 PM

    No cheese? Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...