February 11, 2011

Great Lakes, Ice, and Yarn

So right about now the lake looks something like this:
Frozen Lake Erie
Pic taken by my dad from Edgewater Park
Frozen Lake Erie
Another pic from my dad.  I'm glad he's willing to freeze for shots like this one!
So when the Yarn Cravin' sock club asked me to dye for Feb/March I thought that the perfect compliment to their previous installment - "Lake Erie":
Lake Erie
Was exclusive for the club, now available here!
Would be "Frozen Great Lake"
Frozen Great Lake
Frozen Great Lake

I love how it turned out! And it makes me really happy when I can take something that isn't necessarily pretty on it's own - like a slushy, frozen, tundra of a Great Lake:
Frozen Lake Erie

And turn it into really pretty yarn.
Frozen Great Lake
Unfortunately this colorway won't be available to the general public for awhile. In the meantime if you want something ice inspired check out Helsinki.

I'm also very excited to announce that I will be having a Trunk Show at Yarn Cravin' 
Yarn Cravin Show
It's my first show outside of the Cleveland area which is a big step.  I hope to see you there!

5 comments:

  1. gorgeousssss! I wish I could make it to the trunk show...I hope that you do really well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! How do they look together? I was set to cast on some socks with Lake Erie, but maybe I'll wait till the new one is available and try to do something with them together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty yarn! And your dad's picts are awesome too!

    I'm going to forward the info about your trunk show to my cousin maybe she'll make it out! She lives in the Toledo area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie9:28 PM

    They both are beautiful. Can't wait until my yarn-buying moratorium is over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww frozen Lake Erie...brings back some great memories, and the yarn is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...