December 10, 2013

Glow at the Cleveland Botanical Garden.

So on Saturday I took the kids to the Glow festival at the Cleveland Botanical Garden for some holiday fun:

Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden

 We had a ball.

Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden
Matt had to work so I went with a friend of mine whose husband was also working and our collective crew:

Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden
that's alot of kids.
Everyone had a good time.  The place is simply stunning.  Decorations everywhere!

Glow 2012
This picture is actually from 2012 but the similar garlands are up this year.

And a giant Christmas tree that makes the perfect backdrop for the elusive Christmas card photo:

Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden
Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden
Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden
Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden

The different gingerbread houses were a big hit with the kids:

Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden
dragon!

Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden
From that movie!

As were the many trains:
Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden
Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden

Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden
Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden
We actually didn't ride the Garden Express b/c wrangling 5 kids under 4 into coats/hats/mittens/etc again sounded like alot of work.  Perhaps next year.

Glow 2012
The biggest hit of all, though was the camping room.  I'm not even sure what it's called.  But there was a play camp set up complete with a fire, play marshmallows to roast, lanterns, and a tent.  The kids LOVED it:

Of all the neat stuff at Glow at the @cbgarden my kids liked the pretend fire and s'mores stuff the best. #clebotanicalgarden #glow #happyinCLE #christmas
I think they would have played there for hours.  As it was I let them play long enough for me to feed the little guy before dragging them away.  Up next was the gingerbread area which is beautiful.  And has a live band!  Of course the little ones were most fascinated by the slide:

Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden

From there we headed into the Eleanor Armstrong Smith Glasshouse.  I was still on my Quest for a Decent Christmas Card Photo and the lighting in there is amazing:

Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden

Unfortunately the kids are .... less so:

Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden
Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden

Heh.  I did take a few great shots, though - maybe not card worthy but decent:

Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden
Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden
Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden
Yeah.  I can take pretty good pics when my subject isn't running around like a crazy person OMG STOP IT GAAAAAH.
And one that is perhaps my favorite picture ever.  One that I will treasure because sums up this time in my son's life perfectly:

Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden
OH TWO.  YOU ARE SO VERY, VERY TWO.


Overall we had a great time.  I definitely recommend checking it out if you are looking for something fun to do this holiday season.  Or for somewhere stunning to use as a backdrop for a holiday photoshoot.

Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden

Glow runs now through January 5.  They are open Tues, Thurs, & Sat 10-5.  Then are open until 9 on Wed. and Fri (I'd love to go in the evening sometime!  I bet the place is SPECTACULAR in the dark).  Sunday they are open noon - 5.  Tickets are $12 for adults, $8 for children and are FREE for garden members.  You can purchase them online here.

Glow at the Cleveland botanical Garden Yay holidays!

Disclaimer:  I received admission to Glow.  All opinions are, as always, my own.  I can't claim all of the cute kids this time, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...