February 6, 2013

Florida Recap.

So a couple weekends ago (yes.  I'm very behind on the blogging.  Better late than never!) I took the kids on our annual trip to visit my grandparents in Florida.  Flying with 2 actual kids was less bad than I thought it would be.  They are pretty game for anything:

Florida!
C'mon mom!  I want to get on the PLANE!!
The dude even got to pretend to fly the plane.  He walked into the cockpit and said WOOOOOOW in such an impressed and adorable way that the Pilot laughed and let him sit in his chair.  Seriously.  

Florida!
So adorable.  And such a guy moment.
Once we got there I"m not really sure who was more excited.  The kids or their great-grandparents:

Florida!
It's blurry but that flash of red hair is my kid running to her Nonni as fast as her little legs would carry her.

Florida!
Followed quickly behind by her brother.  Who was So. Excited.  I don't think he realized what was going to happen when we landed!


Florida!

Usually when we go it's pretty chilly there.  Like 60's.  Nothing to complain about but not really warm enough to swim or whatever.  So when this year it was in the low 80's we immediately did this:

It was snowing in Cleveland when we left. #vacation #florida
Matt texted me to see if we had arrived safely since it was "very wintery" in Cleveland when we left.  I texted him back this picture.  I'd think it was mean if I didn't realize how awesome his kid-free weekend was even with the snow.
The next day my friend Lori Beth came up from Orlando.  We had planned on going to Gaspirilla to see the flotilla but considering the insanely good weather and the fact that ALL of the information websites were down we decided that was a bad idea.  Two kids in a record breaking crowd of drunks does not sound like a fun time.  So instead we took them to Honeymoon Island:


Where the water and the sky are the same color.  Beautiful:
Florida!


And while it was still too cold to swim it was perfectly warm enough to have a picnic on the beach:

Florida!

 Collect some shells:

Florida!
And throw rocks into the water - the dude's favorite thing EVER.

Florida!
Florida!

 Of course on the way home we stopped at an orange grove for some ice cream:

Florida!
That night we all watched figure skating with my grandma who is into it.  Like knows the people and has followed for years into it.  The commentary between her and my fashion-opinionated daughter was pretty great.

Florida!
The next day was alot more low key.  Breakfast with their friends, church, nothing too big.  The girl and her
Nonni spent a lovely afternoon together baking:

Florida!

That night the kids were a bit wired so we took them to Lake Tarpon to run around:

Florida!

Florida!
I forgot how immediately and completely dirty they get in the summer.

Florida!

All in all it was a pretty great trip.  Nothing fancy or crazy exciting.  Just a nice time with their Nonni and Papa Nonni.

Florida!
Life is good.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...