February 22, 2013

A Tuesday in Cleveland.

So!  I had this post written literally about a month ago.  I just had to go back and add in the pictures... and then a whole lot of Life happened.  I figured better late than never, right?

So.  Anytime I hear the whole kids of stay at home mom's aren't well socialized and aren't exposed to the world or germs or any of it schtick I roll my eyes.  Because that description bears absolutely no resemblance to my life.  I'm sure some people live that way but we?  Are out and about all the time.  We only stay home when the realities of laundry or weather force us to.  And I'm not just talking about errand running. I really make a point to get my kids out there to experience this amazing city we live in.

To put it another way - I didn't stay home with my kids to stay home with my kids.

But for whatever reason Tuesdays have become the REALLY fun day lately.  The day when it works out that we're doing something especially awesome.  Such as:

Great Lakes Science Center
That would be my kids playing with friends in the ball pit at the Great Lakes Science Center.  The whole Polymer Funhouse is pretty amazing but well...

Great Lakes Science Center
The ball pit is my jam.
Great Lakes Science Center
So much fun.
Then we checked out the Bubble Show.  Which is always a good time:

Great Lakes Science Center
After that we had a little bit of time to kill before lunch and the weather was somewhat decent.  So we stopped off at Edgewater Park to check out frozen Lake Erie:

Frozen Lake Erie from Edgewater Park

 I also wanted to get a picture of them with the city to send to my dad for his birthday.

Frozen Lake Erie from Edgewater Park
It would have been such a good picture without my daughter's "bitch, please" look.
  Plus the lake is so, so cool half frozen:
Frozen Lake Erie from Edgewater Park

Frozen Lake Erie from Edgewater Park

Frozen Lake Erie from Edgewater Park
The kids discovered that there's this awesome steps up / ramp down situation going on with the fishing pier.  So they did that over, and over, and over again....
Frozen Lake Erie from Edgewater Park Frozen Lake Erie from Edgewater Park

While I tried to get a picture of my Frozen Great Lake hat with the actual Frozen Great Lake:

Frozen Lake Erie from Edgewater Park

But more on that later.

By this point the kids were frozen, exhausted, hungry, and done so we headed for home.  Yay for random Tuesdays in Cleveland!
Frozen Lake Erie from Edgewater Park
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...