June 23, 2012

The Shawl that Never Ends.

So.  Lots to think about on the Olympics / Ravelympics thing.  I"m loving all of your comments on it - interesting to see how the knitting community is still pretty split.  Knowing that the letter they sent really was a standard letter (here's the one they sent to the Redneck Olympics) helps.  In other news remember that Color Affection Shawl I was working on?  Yeah.  THERE IS NO END TO THIS PROJECT.

Color Affection Progress
This is the shawl that never ends.

Color Affection Progress
Oh it goes on and on my friends.
Color Affection Progress
I simply started knitting it not knowing what it was.
Color Affection Progress
And I'll continue knitting it forever because.... this is the shawl that never ends.
Color Affection Progress
Next row same as the first.  A little bit longer and a little bit worse!
I have some lovely silk ready to go for a Summer Solstice Mystery Shawl but I promised myself I wouldn't start that until I finished this.  I'm beginning to believe that it's not possible.

Color Affection Progress
So. Many. Stitches.
For those of you who have knit this before how did you deal with the last few sections of millions and billions of stitches per row?  Wine?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...