June 4, 2012

Destination Yarn Updates

It's been awhile since I've had a Destination Yarn post and there are a whole bunch of awesome things happening with that right now.  For those of you who are new here (Hi!  So glad to have you!  Welcome!)  Destination Yarn is my handdyed yarn company.  It allows me to merge my passions for knitting and travel as each colorway is base on a place.

How about a list of exciting yarn related things?

1.)  New Colorways


My newest colorway is a great example of how I interpret a place into yarn.  What do you think of when you think Atlanta.... Peaches, right?  It seems like every street in the city is named after peaches.


So the Atlanta colorway is dyed to match all of the colors of peaches:
My creation
And as a side note - these tangerine oranges are the most popular color of 2012!

Another favorite for me is Cleveland Spring:
My creation
I recently updated the greens in this colorway to be more modern.  I love the purple/green combo!

It has also become a tradition for me to dye this rainbow of colors every year around the Fourth of July.  It is named America the Beautiful:
My creation
This year I dyed it a bit early so that my rainbow yarn would be available for Pride Day.

2.)  Upcoming Events

I have a great summer of trunk shows set up with some really great yarn stores and guilds.  If you want to check out my yarn in person I will be at the following events:

June 10 at Hardesty Park in Akron, Ohio for World Wide Knit in Public Day
July 7 at River Colors along with the Ohio Natural Fiber Network
August 11 at Knitting on the Square in Chardon, Ohio.

And even more shows are in the works!

3.)  Color Affection

 I'm finally into the three color part!

The 3 color section is looking pretty spiffy so far!  #handdyed #knit #yarn #destinationyarn #coloraffection #knitting

I will photograph it better once I have a few more stripes knocked out but it's looking pretty spiffy so far.  The colorways I'm using are Mulled Wine, Chartres Cathedral, and Sea. 

Yay for yarn!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...