November 1, 2011

Peter Pan & Tinker Belle Halloween.

First of all to get this out of the way... did I try to make the Prudent Baby Tinkerbelle costume that everyone has been Pinning?

Yes.

Did my toddler completely and totally refuse to wear it?  Of course.  But at least I realized that it wasn't going to happen and bailed before I spent too much time finishing it.

Did she also refuse to wear the tutu without some tweaks?  Obviously. 

IT'S TOO FOOFY.  TINKER BELLE DOESN'T HAVE WHITE.  PLEASE TAKE THE WHITE OFFA THERE.  PLEASE.

My toddler is the most picky client ever.  But the end result?
Halloween
Flipping adorable.

And honestly noone would be able to see the costume under her coat anyways.
Halloween

Peter pan came out pretty adorable, too:
Halloween
I used the tutorial from Make It and Love It with a few tweaks.  I didn't have a feather or a buckle so I made those from felt.  And the sword is a bit different than she describes.  Hilarious, though.  Totally made the costume especially since he brandished it so well:
Halloween
Heh.

Trick or Treating was superfun times this year.  Halloween

She was so, SO excited about the candy:
Halloween

And I got a family pic with the kids in their costumes and our pumpkins:
Halloween

And even a few with both kids together (holy logistics, batman!):
Halloween

Although I think next year I will be alot more tempted to just buy a damn costume.

Oh and in case you were wondering what Matt and I were for our friend's Halloween this year....
People who were awesome in 1991.
Yes those are Hard Rock pins and fanny packs, Yes that is a hypercolor sweatshirt, and Yes that is Crystal Pepsi. Or a vodka tonic in a Pepsi bottle I relabeled.  One of the two.

Obvs we're 1991.  Crystal pepsi.

Happy Halloween!!!

Halloween

6 comments:

  1. Their costumes turned out great! You've really got the skills. Sure it may be easier to go to Kmart and buy a costume (like we did), but they don't have the character or uniqueness that making your own has. It's a bummer that there were bumps in the road this year. Both kids looked darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, they are seriously cute!! Great costumes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable are those costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a beautiful job on their costumes! They looked so adorable. And you and your husband looked awesome! I especially love the Esprit bag. Great touch!
    Thanks for stopping by on my SITS Day a few days ago. I'm following you now via GFC. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute! And I'm really impressed you made the costumes yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I will admit that i LOVED Crystal Pepsi and was very sad to see it go and when I saw the photo I was so excited that they had brought it back....LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...