November 7, 2011

Baby's First Haircut

Disclaimer:  Some of these photos are a bit overedited and uneven.  I recently discovered the CoffeeShop Blog's free actions for Photoshop Elements and I"m still getting the hang of them.  They are a great add to my usual Pioneer Woman Actions, though!

So on Saturday our little man had his first haircut.
Baby's First Haircut

I could get all sentimental or be all sad but really?  It was beyond time:

Baby's First Haircut
He passed the cute crazy baby hair sometime around Fourth of July when my brother commented that he looked like a hockey player.  Since then his mullet has become as long and free as one you would see at Walmart.  In 1990.  Also he had this weird stick-y up part in the back that kindof made him look like a rooster:

Baby's First Haircut

I debated just chopping off the back myself but babies flail alot.  So we took him to our local barber shop (the one at Kamms Corners.  I can't find a website... or even a name but Matt's been going there for years) and let the professionals fix him up.

Baby's First Haircut
I don't usually go for the black and white but with the stripes and the barbershop thing I'm kindof digging it.
Baby's First Haircut
Baby's First Haircut


The end result?  ADORABLE. 
Baby's First Haircut Baby's First Haircut

He looks so much older.  Like a little boy and not just a baby.  Although perhaps some of that is contextual:

Playing football is so fun!
I may only be 6 months old but I'm better at this football thing than half of the Browns.

Yay for haircuts!

7 comments:

  1. Is it West Park Barber Shop? If so, I designed a banner for them last year. ha.

    Desmond looks great! One of these days I'll get to blog about the same event...but Brock is taking his sweet time in the hair arena. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:32 PM

    Hi! This is really cute... I am visiting from SITS by the way. It made me recall my son's first haircut ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw cute. He looks like he was really calm for the whole thing. I cut my boys' hair - I have to bribe them with yogurt covered raisins though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are just too darn cute. Thanks for stopping by my blog on my SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by on my sits day! I love the photos! I hovered over our hairdresser the entire time mine got his first haircut... And I don't think she cut off much at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! He's such a handsome little guy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...