November 22, 2011

Cake Mix Hack - Pumpkin Cupcakes

So.  I suck at baking.  Something about the precise measuring and mixing just doesn't work for me.  Basically I'm TERRIBLE at following directions w/o trying to get all creative and change things up.  Which doesn't really work when you're trying to make something as precise as... cookies.  However I now have a kid who loves to bake.  Enter the Cake Mix Hack:
Cake Mix Hack - screwing with and/or adding stuff too a box of cake mix to make it even more delicious.  Also works with canned frosting.
 And in honor of Thanksgiving this week I thought I'd share with you my latest hack.

Crazy Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes:

Ingredients:
  • 1 box of yellow cake mix and things it calls for (usually 3 eggs and some oil)
  • 1 - 15 oz can pumpkin
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 jar cream cheese frosting

pumpkin cupcakes
 Make the box cake mix just like it says in the directions except repace the water with the can of pumpkin.  Add in the spices.  Bake according to package directions.

Frost with cream cheese frosting.
pumpkin cupcakes

Decorate with sprinkles (or have your kid do it for you):
pumpkin cupcakes

Done!  Easy, delicious, and perfect for Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. I bet you won't believe me, but I swear that with practice, you can be a creative baker and change things up. It just takes a while to get the intuition down. If that makes any sense.

    P.S. - Thanks for stopping by on my SITS Day! I'm your newest follower :)

    P.P.S. - That hair color! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... they sound good (and easy)! You can also make cut-out cookies from cake mix. Grab one box of yellow cake mix (the kind with "pudding in the mix"), one stick of butter, and one egg. Combine into a dough, roll out (a little thicker than traditional sugar cookies), and cut. Top with vanilla icing and sprinkles --> easy Christmas cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...