September 10, 2008

Random Catchup Post

Just a list of random because writing an actual coherent post kindof makes my head hurt right now.

1.) I am 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Yes, I’m still puking. Yes, I know that should have stopped by now. It hasn’t. But it’s less frequent so let’s move on.

2.) In other pregnancy news….Our kid is the size of a peach.


3.) My fantasy football team kicked serious ass this week. Like 120 points of solid ass whooping. I now in first place in my league. Matt’s in first place in his league too but his team isn’t anywhere near as awesome as mine is (120 points!!! Michael Turner is my hero)

4.) Vampires rule. If you don’t have HBO and haven’t seen True Blood you have failed at life. Go get it now and try to catch the pilot before the next episode on Sunday. It’s totally worth it. So far show is amazing – every bit as good as the books. Although I’m reserving my complete judgment until a few weeks from now when we get to meet Eric. Mmmmm… Eric.

5.) The new 90210 was AWFUL. As my friend texted me “The only use I have for this show is to find out who Kelly’s baby daddy is, otherwise it’s terrible.” I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that the baby daddy will be whoever they can convince to make a guest appearance first.

6.) I’m a bit obsessed with the Large Hadron Collider. It’s fascinating. And it worked! Crazy. Makes me want to be a physicist. The most hilarious article I’ve found on it is here:

The 5 Scientific Experiments Most Likely to End the World

7.) Despite my best efforts to kill it my garden isn’t doing too terrible. Since for the past few months I’ve been asleep or puking going outside in the heat to weed and water was not on my priority list. So we have a pathetic amount of homegrown produce this year – It’s sad, really.
End of Aug 2008
But my flowers are actually surviving quite well. Especially the sunflowers:
Sunflowers
Sunflowers
Zinneas:
End of Aug 2008
And Cosmos which are as tall as the sunflowers!:
End of Aug 2008
My Dahlias are blooming like crazy:
End of Aug 2008
End of Aug 2008
End of Aug 2008
And I’m pretty sure my morning glories are too although I haven’t been outside in the garden in the morning at all to enjoy them … I’m hoping that next year I’ll be able to get back into the garden thing.

8.) We went camping last weekend with about 30 of our closest friends. It was SO much fun. But I’m going to try to write a whole other post on it… that may or may not happen.


9.) I have been feeling well enough to do a bit of dying… so a shop update and new colorways should be coming soon!


10.) Dexter continues to be Sultan of the Couch.
Sultan of the Couch
And that’s about all I’ve got for right now…

8 comments:

  1. Oohhh, I have to my HBO and Showtime back!!!! I love the True Blood books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the garden shots. Hate the new 90210.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:40 PM

    Nice pics. Sorry you feel so icky... hope it gets better soon. Any weirdy cravings? Haven't been watching tv so much lately waiting for the new season to start on some other shows. So, I typically don't get to watch much until really late. Better luck to both of us next year on the garden. Mine just did ok too. GO BROWNS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:59 PM

    1. Congratulations (belatedly!) on the little peach!

    2. I'm totally jealous whenever anyone takes a fun camping trip, and you should definitely post about it! If you're not feeling too gross!

    3. The pictures of the dahlias are particularly beautiful.

    4. Dexter, as always, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG the new 90210 was SOO awful! I lasted about 5-10 minutes and couldn't watch anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pfft on the 90210 haters...it falls in line w/ all the other garbage i am addicted to on tv so i think i'll continue to tune in...at least until we see who's coming back to be baby daddy ;)

    sorry to hear about the persistent puking...hope urs doesn't last as long as mine has!

    yay for peach baby...what site do you use for your pic comparisons?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I gave that 90210 faux-two-hour pilot (which was clearly just two one-hour episodes) a spin. Figured it was time to ditch it when the only thing I liked about it was drunken Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been watching True Blood and I am not totally sold on it yet. But I didn't read the books so maybe I should. I am totally in love with the Twilight series, though, and can't wait for the movie.

    As for 90210 it is like the first time around when I just couldn't look away. Not that I love it but I can't stop watching...

    Hope you stop puking soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...