September 12, 2008

A brief history of my bump

So at the beginning of this whole pregnancy thing I had a grand plan to take a picture of myself once a week. That way at the end we would have a cool slideshow that went from Jeanne to Giant. Right. It took us until week 13 to actually get our shit together and take one of these photographs. But before that there were some failed self-portrait attempts….Here’s my “bump” at 7 weeks:
'
I seriously honest to God thought I had a baby bump in that picture. But the fact that I could still button that jeans skirt kindof negates that theory. And this pic just cracks me up:
'
I mean really, now. What was I trying to prove? That I don’t have a 6 pack? C’mon.

My attempts at a bump picture got even worse with week 10:
Bump at 10 weeks
I didn’t even drag out the tripod for that one. Also notice the continued wear of a jeans skirt? Although it isn’t buttoned so there’s some bit of a bump there… I actually had been doing the whole use a rubber band to hold up your pants trick since around week 8/9 when I tearfully made my mom go shopping with me because nothing I owned that was work appropriate fit anymore and this wasn’t supposed to happen so soon and… it was all very traumatic. But as my doctor confirmed – I’m very short waisted. There’s nowhere for this kid to go but out.
Bump at 10 weeks
Should be interesting to see what I look like in a few months! Bets on if I’ll be able to walk upright?

Which brings us to now… and our first actual real bump picture:
Bump at 13 weeks
13 weeks 2 days

I’m totally starting to look pregnant! Over Labor Day I went out and bought some maternity clothes (as opposed to normal clothes in a size or two bigger than I usually wear). That was WAY less depressing than just buying bigger clothes. My body finally feels like it’s growing a person instead of just a liquor belly and some doughnut flab.
Bump at 13 weeks
I still refuse to weigh myself unless the doctor makes me, though. No use in getting hung up on that number when I’m still eating whatever sounds like it has a chance of staying down. Even if it’s cheese steak.
Bump at 13 weeks
Not just cheese steak in that belly.

So hopefully I’ll continue this picture a week thing… it would be fun to see the progress…

In other pregnancy news - we had our second appointment yesterday. It went well. Quick, but well. I had a sonogram so we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. The doctor warned us it might take awhile to find the heartbeat and not to freak out is she didn’t pick up on it right away....but then she found it almost instantly. 170 beats per minute. So I’m still growing a hummingbird - a very fidgety hummingbird. The baby kicked a bunch of times in the minute we were listening! They came though as LOUD thumps. Part of me can’t wait to feel them… and part of me is terrified because if this kid fidgets anywhere near as much as his father does I’m screwed.

And in non pregnancy news – is anyone going on the Yarn Shop Hop this weekend?

17 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! Keep cooking and growing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats and you look ADORABLE in the most recent pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:14 PM

    Yeah! Tummy pics! Have you thought about doing a belly cast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teee hee hee cute picts!!

    I thought about the shop hop but then I realized that I already have WAY to much yarn...and that would encourage wayy to much spending! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really cute pics! And I agree with Michelle - way too much stash to go yarn shop hopping with way too much temptation to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where the hell have I been?!?!?!
    You are pregnant!!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! :oD

    SO happy for you continue to get lots of rest and getting cute comfy clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:50 AM

    You'll be amazed by how fast your belly does grow and then you'll miss having a small tummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay for a baby bump!!!
    keep up the pics...u'll be happy u did later on, trust me. i took bare-belly pics every four weeks faithfully and then got at least one regular shot per month (except for a couple months for some reason...must have been feeling too sick for a photoshoot lol) and now i really really appreciate having them. they are all posted on my myspace if you are interested.

    ps - have you tried on the 'secret fit' jeans at motherhood yet? seriously, they are the most comfy preggo-pants out there! they have khaki's and black pants and jean skirts w/ the secret fit panel, too, and i won't wear anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  9. heh heh heh - it took me a long time to look pregnant as well!! I'm told soon I'll be so big that I'll be wishing the days when I didn't! Heh

    I just read Jennifer's comment and I'd suggest you try the secret fit in the store before you buy. I was so desperate for fitting pants that I bought a bunch and I can't keep them up to save my life - but then again it may be because I have a small bump!!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, baby bump! So, are you calling it Birdie instead of Peanut? ;) (I'd say you could call it Hummer, but that would be...wrong.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:10 PM

    Yeah for bump pictures!My daughter did that when she was pregnant and they are great. You look totally adorable in your recent pictures, yep you've got the glow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wait a sec - I take a summer long blogging break and I come back and your pregnant? Congratulations!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're looking fine. The real shocker for me, round about month 6, was the need to go bra shopping. The fitter looked at me and said: "You can't wear that one any more." And that is when I shifted to the "industrial strength" options.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:07 PM

    If you are just going to grow out because you are short-waisted.....that does not bode well for me in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I started wearing maternity pants to work around wk 17. Took about 5 official "belly shots" and thankful I did. You will be amazed afterwards by how big you actually got!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool - thanks for sharing. You really don't look that pregnant even now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those pictures are so funny. You hardly look pregnant although I'm sure it seems obvious to you. I can't wait to see the next pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...