March 5, 2008

Updates and more Snow.

Ok so another post of lots of words and no knitting to get caught up with the whole blog thing. Tomorrow will be all knitting all the time, promise.

1.) We’re both feeling better – thanks!!! Although last night we had to initiate a “no making me laugh” rule because laughing caused coughing and coughing hurts. Unfortunately we spent the evening flipping between CNN election results and American Idol and the whole point in watching either of those things is to mock. Ruthlessly. I had to leave the room after Matt caused me to cough up part of a lung with this gem:


"Someone needs to get that guy his own drag show STAT”


I’ll leave you guessing as to if we were watching CNN or AI at the time.

2.) So did anyone else notice that we went through every type of precipitation possible in like 2 hours last night? Rain, sleet, hail, slush, and then finally snow. At one point all of our windows looked like this:
Icy Windows
Icy Windows
Icy Windows
Icy Windows
It felt like we were underwater or something. Very freaky. Then this morning of course there was this:
the shoreway
Cell phone pic of the shoreway. Can you tell I’m enjoying the insta-blogging capablities of my new phone? Oh yeah we got these. They are awesome.

The news said 1-2 inches but we had at least 4. Downtown was buried in about 4 as well although it was hard to tell with all of the drifting.

3.) The snow is fun because it allows me to see what’s going on in my backyard: Pics taken after work today w/ my cell phone camera.
Rabbit Tracks
And while it’s kindof fun now to wonder whose these are (a bunny I think from the way it hopps) and to follow them from my neighbor’s yard across the edge of my raised veggie garden:
Rabbit Tracks
And under the fence at the back of my yard:
Rabbit Tracks
Something tells me come spring when that raised bed is acutally filled with veggies this little critter and I are going to have issues.

4.) All of this snow also means that I can post these photos that Matt's dad requested:
Matt snowblowing our drive
Matt snowblowing our drive
Matt snowblowing our drive
It's working great! Thanks!

5.) I don’t care about the weather because this weekend I’m going to FLORIDA! Time for another vaca with my grandparents! Matt’s not coming with me – instead he’s having a full-on guys weekend. I think there’s something like 7 or 8 guys from out of town descending on my house? Yeah. No chance of it not smelling like feet when I get home. But I don’t care because I will be tan.



6.) Speaking of my grandparents – my grandpa responded to my last post with his grandmother’s Hot Toddy recipe so I thought I would share:

Quantities vary according to personal taste:



Boiling hot water, Tea, Rum, Lemon, Honey, Butter.



Drink down and jump into bed with alot of covers. Wake up the next morning and go to work.


Sounds pretty good! We got the one we use from our friend Lori Beth who makes them the way her grandma did. So once again we have dueling Italian family recipes… and while I may like my Toddies with whiskey I do NOT like my pasta with milk in it. Sorry, LB.

7.) Big CONGRATULATIONS goes to Jennifer!!!! So excited for her… and so many possibilities for cute baby knits!

7 comments:

  1. It's GORGEOUS here, you'll love it! It's the perfect weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of the windows are beautiful! So jealous about your Florida Excursion - hopefully you'll be able to fly out (I assume you're flying, at least) without getting trapped in another snow storm. :P

    I was watching MSNBC election coverage until about 1:00 am (because I heart Keith Olbermann). All I know is that newspeople and politcal pundits get really loopy when they're up late.

    Keith Olbermann: "We just received word that Barack Obama called Hillary Clinton. We have no other information. Discuss."

    Rachel Maddow: "I'm surprised he didn't wait until 3:00 am and say, 'I just wanted to check and see if you were going to answer the phone.'" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:24 PM

    The pictures of the rain on your windows are a bit surreal. Crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey my windows looked like that yesterday too! freaky! Lucky you leaving for Florida! I have to pick my parents up at the airport in a couple hours, they are coming home from there! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:55 PM

    Ick! Ice. Florida?? Take us with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay - thanks for the congrats, girlie! and fyi - i purposely checked your blog tonight for cleveland weather photos cuz i knew i could count on you to post some. as i walked to work yesterday, i thought i should have brought my camera to get some good shots, but then i thought "i bet jeanne'll post some good ones" and you did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smell like feet! HAHA! That's why Hubster's boy bonding weekend next month is *away* from the house.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...