March 28, 2008

Spring!!!

So a lot of times when I blog I write the post – or at least have a pretty good idea of it – over the weekend. Then during the week I take/add photos and links as needed. Well last weekend I wrote one about how this time last year I was enjoying all of the signs of spring and was hit with a massive bout of spring fevor. And how this year I still just want to ball up and hibernate. And while as a knitter and a skier I love winter enough is enough already.

I even put winter on notice:

And took some very depressing pictures of the piles of snow covering the places where my bulbs were supposed to be but I'm not posting them b/c I"m sick of posting pictures of snow.

That was Sunday. 3 days later and what did we have? (I took these on Wed.)
crocus
FLOWERS!!!!

crocus

And that spot that was buried in feet of snow?
side yard - first of the bulbs
side yard - first of the bulbs

Only a matter of time until I have daffodils, too. Mother Nature sure knows what she’s doing.

So now of course I’m in full on spring fever mode. Flipping through the Burpee catalogue and trying to figure out what seeds I want to start and when. I also could no longer resist the temptation and bought these:
Hyacinth from Buyers outlet
Hyacinth from Buyers outlet
Now my whole house smells like spring.

Speaking of the garden – you know what’s dangerous? There’s a liquor store right next to my new gym. Even more dangerous than that is the Dairy Queen in the same plaza. But the most dangerous of all? To get to the Dairy Queen/liquor store/gym I have to walk past the place that I buy all of my plants. Something tells me by mid-May I’ll be brining a flat of flowers home with me every time I work out. So far all they have are bulbs:
Hyacinth from Buyers outlet

Dexter also has a massive case of spring fevor:
Dexer likes car rides
Dexer likes car rides
He’s responding by chewing anything he can get at. We had to have the “chewing up knitting needles is the fastest way back to the pound” conversation again. That was fun. So last week my brother and I took both our dogs to Edgewater Marina (it’s pretty much closed for the season. We were the only ones there) and let ‘em run:
Dexter running
Dexter running
Mitch
They really like going to the marina…

Edgewater Marina
And I’m just as happy that it’s finally spring.

7 comments:

  1. Those are great Dexter pictures! And I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Such lovely crocus photos! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:28 PM

    Dexy is too funny! Can't wait till my flowers bloom. Too bad about those boats in Roaming Shores. Hope they catch those vandals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day you'll come home with a flat in one hand, ice cream in the other, and a bottle of bourbon in your gym bag. ;)

    I remember when Stephen Colbert had Jane Fonda on notice, then had her on the show where they practically made out. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, your pics are the best around. Love the ones of Dext, too - happy happy dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well as long as you go the gym before you hit the booze, ice cream and plants - I guess it's okay. ;)

    I am having major spring fever as well. It's supposed to be in the 60s on Tuesday or Wednesday and I want to fast forward until then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dexter! Such a cutie!!!

    Oh am I longing for Spring too! It's sort of arrived this past weekend here in CT but your snow yesterday is coming our way, well, at least the cold!
    (Cleveland is always the reference here at home, especially now that baseball season has started and my husband is glued to the computer for every Tribe game!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...