February 7, 2008

Yarn Bath.

I have finished plying the Fire Fiber. Just in time for Project Spectrum’s fire month, actually! Funny that. So yesterday to really finish it nicely I gave it all a bath:
fire fiber soaking
fire fiber soaking
Which worked really well to floof it out (yes that is a technical term).
fire fiber soaking

I don’t have any good pictures of the finished yarn yet – it was swaying around too much to get a decent shot:
fire fiber soaking
But stay tuned because it’s frickin’ beautiful. I’m sure an obscene amount of pictures will follow once it’s dry.

Also? Don’t soak yarn that you’re not completely sure is colorfast in your tub:
fire fiber soaking
Uh huh. I was able to scrub all of the pink out eventually but still… using the tub in our bathroom and not the utility sink in our basement was not my brightest of moments. Eh.

In other knitting related news – I finished Juilet!
Juilet
I just need to block it and decide on the button situation…

Juilet
Other than that there hasn’t been much knitting going around over here. Lots of Life happening at the moment. We’re back in the mode of either going out of town or having out of town guests every single weekend. Add to that a lot of work crazy and there’s not much room for anything else… It’s all good though. The knitting will still be there when things calm down!

14 comments:

  1. Damn! You finished your Juliet before me!!!! Looks great!

    Love the color of your yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, talk about a bloodbath! Juliet looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your Juliet is fabulous!! I am about to start the lace portion--please tell me it's not hellacious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juliet looks great! and the yarn looks super yummy. Can't wait for more pics of it. Does it know what it wants to be yet? Thanks for the anniversary wishes...hopefully next week I will get to do dinner with the hubby as long as he isn't sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juliet ROCKS! and the yarn is gorgeous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Juliet is so pretty, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see the Juliet on you. I've been thinking about knitting it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It kind of looks like you made a party-sized batch of Kool-Aid in your tub. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy the yarn is pretty, as is the sweater. Looking forward to dry yarn prOn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:21 PM

    Gorgeous Yarn. Pretty Juliet. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great fiber! And you know I love that blood red! :o)

    Juliet is looking nice! Can't wait to see it on you!
    What size did you knit up?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've received the You Make My Day award :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:29 PM

    I really like your juliet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous5:10 PM

    Your yarn looks gorgeous! but the bathtub is a bit disturbing, must have been a pain to get clean.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...