February 18, 2008

+ Juliet

I finished Juliet:
Juliet

Think this means that Leo will want to make out with me in a pool?

Probably not considering he only dates supermodels. Although my Romeo was trying hard to get me to act like one for this photo shoot….
Juliet
But I was so NOT down with the posing b/c you can’t see the sweater very well and that was sortof the point.

So anyways the details:



Juliet
Pattern: Juliet from Zephyr Style. Here is my project page on Ravelry.

Needles: size 10.5 Knitpicks Options Needles.

Yarn: about 4.5 skeins skeins of Patons Shetland Chunky in Soft Teal – 121 yards per skein of 75% acrylic, 25% wool.

Modifications: Hmmm…. I don’t remember all of them but basically I knit a little bit smaller than a medium top part with the small bottom part. I didn’t want the skirt to flair out an insane amount and I didn’t want the top to be too big. So I just did the raglan increases until it fit and went from there. Also I lengthened the garter stitch part so that it ended just under my bust. I did 9 repeats of the lace in total after that. I decided with just a simple closure instead of 3 buttons like the pattern says. I’m pretty happy with how it looks although I think I want to tighten up the clasp a little… we’ll see.

Juliet


Timeline: January 6 – Feb 17. Although in all fairness I finished the knitting part up in a few weeks and then it sat sadly waiting for me to block it and decide on the buttons for another few weeks. It’s a quick knit if you do the finishing part right away!
Juliet

The Verdict: I like it. It’s trendy and fun and was cheap and quick. All good things. I think if I had it to knit again I’d only do about 7 repeats of the lace. It’s pretty long and seems to be stretching longer with wear. Washing it might get it back to normal, though.
Juliet

Also? Leo was way cuter back in ’96:

I had my hair done exactly like that for prom. Oh yes I did.

And thanks to googling for that image I discovered the existance of and now own the Red Curtain Trilogy Box Set on DVD. Rock.

24 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:43 PM

    Lovely ! You did a wonderful job!! Congratulations. The color looks fabulous on you. I like your clasps, but did you see these...?
    http://www.patternworks.com/products/search/clasp.htm Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:01 PM

    It looks wonderful! I love those kinds of knits and that is so something I would wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:58 PM

    Beautiful fair juliet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:02 AM

    your poses make me laugh so hard. i love that matt wanted you to pose and that it doesn't show off the knit enough for you. heh. seriously, laughing my ass off.
    and the prom hair--heh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:37 AM

    Looks wonderful! The fit is perfect. Just be careful of making out with that Leo, he looks like jail bait in that video clip! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, Leo was cuter back then. Your Juliet though? Awesome. That little bit of lace is perfect. And a nice springy color too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Juliet looks wonderful! It looks great on you, and the color is so pretty. My favorite shot is the one where you're walking away. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It came out beautifully, you supermodel, you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for FOs! It came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey That looks great! OK now I really need to go finish mine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey That looks great! OK now I really need to go finish mine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, that turned out GREAT! That has got to be the best FO I've seen of that pattern. I love your mods. Now I need to frog mine and do it just like yours. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Beautiful color, looks fab on you, and love your mods, too!

    It was weird to see Leo all grown up in "The Departed" - took about half an hour to get used to yoked adulthood!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Juliet!!! So beautiful on you.

    Hey, where's the prom picture? I want proof about the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Juliet looks GREAT on you! Love how your Romeo got a great boob shot of you modeling it though. =P hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh! All done!! Yah!!

    I like the simple button closure too! Thanks for your mod notes!

    Love that last pic of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous10:40 AM

    p.s.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QujA8YYgTWU

    Watch ... pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job!!! I love the details - it looks fabulous on you!

    (there is a little something for you at my blog! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. turned out so great, girlie! looks great on and love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. so pretty. i love this pattern - it looks great on you, and the color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous2:43 PM

    Beautiful sweater! Love the color too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the sweater! And I think you look adorable in the photo shoot poses - way to model it!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, ain't that pretty! And you should ham it up for the camera more often -- you look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...