February 15, 2008

Fire and Ice

So I’m a little disappointed with my photographs of the finished fire yarn: Fire Yarn
Fire Yarn

They’re all just a little... flat. In retrospect I should have taken them outside or used my window sills instead of just trying the white sheet background:
Fire Yarn
But I threw this together in the 10 minutes of daylight that are left when I get home from work so I guess it’s ok under the circumstances. I am NOT however even a little bit disappointed with the yarn... I love it.
Fire Yarn
Crazy insanely love it.
Fire Yarn

This was my first major spinning project. My grandma bought me the fiber waaaay back last May at the Great Lakes Fiber Festival. It’s 1lb 3 oz of space dyed superwash merino and I’ve ended up with about 400 - 500 yards of worseted-ish yarn.

Fire Yarn
I was concerned that I under plyed it because after taking it off the niddie noddie (I left each plyed skein on there for a couple days) it seemed really stretched out… washing it solved that problem completely and now it’s super floofy:
Fire Yarn
And amazingly soft. I don’t know what it wants to be just yet…I think I’ll pet it for awhile while I ponder.

So in order to keep up the eye candy portion of the blog here are some photographs that my dad took of Lake Erie frozen over:
Lake Erie
Edgewater marina is completely iced in:
Lake Erie
I love the seagulls in the photo:
Lake Erie

Amazing that in a few months we’ll be waterskiing!

Lake Erie
Lake Erie

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. That is some very beautiful yarn.

    And I might steal one of the Lake Erie pics for my desktop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:24 PM

    Gorgeous yarn! Really pretty - great job! And very beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Floofy! It's a technical term. :-)

    Oh Lake Erie, sigh. Fab pictures all round. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post title!! ;o)

    Yeah daylight here is actually lasting a little longer!!

    LUV the yarn you really do a nice job on your spinning and dying!

    Must whip up a little something for grandma as a thank you gift! ;o)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to pet that yarn. It looks so squooshy! And those are awesome pics of the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:38 AM

    I think the pics are beautiful. Yikes, the lake is like one big frozen pop. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That yarn is completely amazing. I actually really like the top photo of it. The Lake Erie photos are uber-cool, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when new yarn gets floofy. :)

    Your photos of Lake Erie are amazing. On a mid-40 day like today (in Cinci) it doesn't seem possible that it's been that cold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:40 AM

    Pretty pretty yarn!

    Wow! Cool lake pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:37 AM

    Love the yarn! You did a fantastic job on the spinning. And those pictures of the lake are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...