January 24, 2008

Fire keeps me warm

So I’m finished spinning the fire fiber.
Fire Fiber
Well not completely. I still have to ply it all.
Fire Fiber
And yes, I took A LOT of pictures (believe it or not there are even more on flickr).
Fire Fiber
But it’s not every day I get to see this much handspun – 1lb 3oz - in one place!
fire fiber
Plus I’m pretty proud. This was my first big spinning project. When it’s done I should have quite a bit of yarn - I have no idea exactly how much but hopefully a lot.
Fire Fiber
It’s not the most perfect or even but plyed it’s around a worseted/aran weight.
Fire Fiber
Which leaves me lots of possibilities … Perhaps stripes in a sweater?

Fire FiberPerhaps a Clapotis? Fire Fiber

Perhaps something a little more lacy?
fire fiber
Not sure what I’ll use it for yet but I’m sure I want a pattern that will show off the yarn!


(Because in case you can't tell I seriously love this yarn.)


16 comments:

  1. Wow! You definitely should be proud! It looks fantastic! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh I would've take a zillion pics too!

    Just beautiful!

    Can't wait to see what you decide on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much yummy yarn goodness! Can't wait to see what you make from it, but it's okay if you just need to bond with the yarn cakes a while, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love it! You did a wonderful job on that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:48 AM

    Hey girlie, those are some good looking singles there! Can't wait to see it plyed. Your spinning is coming along wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous!!! can't wait to see what it becomes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that I seriously love that yarn as well! Simply gorgeous color. I'm really interested to see what pattern you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, how could you not seriously love that yarn??? It's gorgeous. I always admire all of you wonderful spinners. Can't wait to see what it becomes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, too! The color is great - can't wait to see it plyed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:10 PM

    WOW! That yarn is fan-freakin'-tastic! I love the subtle changes in the red. I think it will look amazing plyed. It looks amazing as singles. This so makes me want to spin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, what??? You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:55 PM

    Wow! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning! Although I'm sure it would make a lovely non-sweater, you know I'm all about the sweaters, so I can't help thinking a simple pattern that would show off the yarn - what about the Simple Knitted Bodice? Or something lacy might look good, like you said. Ariann or Cece?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just had to let you know that you stink, suck and generally smell funny!!!!! Chihuly!?!?! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous!!!!!! I bet that was INCREDIBLEEE!!!!!!!! You lucky duck you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous5:50 PM

    OMGosh! That is gorgeous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...