November 23, 2006

Thankful

Well… I got it all done. My house is clean (despite the boys weekend… holy crap can a group of guys create a mess!), the table is set, the sweet potatoes are ready to go into the oven (thanks Michelle!), the cranberry sauce is chilling, my house smells like pumpkin pie, and the turkey is occupying a very large percentage of the refrigerator:

And check out the dining room:

We had to put two tables together b/c we don’t actually own a dining room table yet but I think that it looks pretty nice. This is the first time we’ve used our china so even that is exciting.

Really exciting actually....

'cause I loooove the gravy boat.


It makes me happy...


Anyways with all of this talk of "what are you thankful for" I thought I’d let you guys know that I’m thankful for knitbloggers and for this amazing online community. Thanks for inspiring me to create, for teaching me so many new things like lace and socks, and for being so supportive when I just want to give up on projects like the interminable Tempting II. You guys rule.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

8 comments:

  1. happy thanksgiving, jeanne! your table looks so awesome (love the china)! your family is going to be so thankful for all of your hard work and i'm so thankful to have a friend like you, too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, you've certainly got everything under control. I knew you could do it. It all looks great and your table setting looks beautiful (especially the gravy boat!!). Happy Thanksgiving - enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! I think the tables look fantastic... I have yet to be at a thanksgiving dinner where there weren't at least a couple tables stuck together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:01 PM

    And a happy Thanksgiving to you, too! Your dinner will be fabulous, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo! That all looks so beautiful and I LOOOVE your gravy boat also! tee hee


    Congratulations on everything, it all looks great and I am sure that it will be a wonderful event at your home.

    I wanted to let you know that I am very thankful for you as well! ;->

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving! Everything looks great! I'm sure it all tasted yummy too! I hope your sweet potatoes came out good! I though of you when I had mine at my Aunts today!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks great! Hope it all went smoothly today and that you get some R&R this weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one posh table!!! Well done!
    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...