November 15, 2006

Procrastination as an art form

So remember this?


That would be the Cherry Blossom Shawl that I’m knitting for my grandma for Christmas. I just need to finish the extremely boring and yet too complicated to knit while watching tv edging. Last night I should have been doing laundry/cleaning /grocery shopping or doing about a million other things that I need to do to get ready for Thanksgiving that I can’t do this weekend because my house is being taken over by a herd of guys. Instead I worked on the shawl. But it totally counts as being productive since I have to have this done by Christmas… and knitting is waaay more fun than cleaning the bathroom.

Yeah. I’m an epic procrastinator who will probably be pulling an all-nighter next Wed. night making sweet potatoes and scrubbing things.

But there will be progress on the shawl!

Thanks, by the way, for all of your encouragement about Thanksgiving! I've totally got it under control now. Sortof.

8 comments:

  1. I'm seeing a couple of all nighters in my immediate future too - we can keep each other company :) (except we're the wrong way round for day/night timezones)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to see the finished shawl in person and hear about your wonderful turkey day dinner...it's all going to be great, jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, who wouldn't want to knit a shawl instead of clean the bathroom!! LOL Although I've promised myself I will put down the knitting this afternoon and scrub our bathroom. ;) The shawl is going to be beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Knitting is WAY more fun than cleaning! Also, why would you want to clean before the herd of guys shows up anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the info! Those armwarmers are faaar too tempting considering the holiday knitting I have left.
    Of COURSE you picked knitting over cleaning. You've got a pulse, don't you?! And knitting is much more fulfilling for the soul than cleaning/cooking/grocery shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty shawl your Grandma is getting, and I think I would choose knitting over cleaning anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:00 AM

    Awww, this is going to be one of the most beautiful shawls I've seen for long - your Grandma will be a really lucky girl when she gets it! By the way - yesss, knitting is better than cleaning! ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Procrastination ... I know it well. Good luck making some progress! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...