August 8, 2006

What I've been up to.

I can’t believe it’s been a week since I blogged! Time flies when you’re having fun (or working long hours on a deadline)….

This weekend was a ball… Matt played softball with his coworkers Fri. night while myself and one of my friends (who is dating one of his coworkers) sat in the bleachers and knit…. then we all went back to our place for some Phnom Phen and Monopoly…. Oh yeah if you’re looking for a great, cheap place to get some pad thai I highly recommend phnom phen – and if you eat there you can bring in your own wine! Bonus!

So then Sat. we went to Pittsburgh for a wedding – of which I have no pictures - Weddings are so fun – especially when there’s lots of young people, you don’t know very many people, and there’s an open bar.

And Sunday was Ikea. Do I really need to say more?
I have a new lamp:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
And several new plants (the ones on either end are new andI have no idea why there is a dump truck in front of my neighbor's house)
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
And lots of other randomness to be posted later….

In knitting news.... I finished one of the Matt Socks:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Since then I’ve been going through a bout of instant gratification knitting. I finished my chemo cap :
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Then immediately started another one which I finished on the car ride home:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
And I’ve also jumped on the Mason Dixon washcloths bandwagon:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
I don’t have the book or the pattern but that stitch was in a book that my grandma gave me on socks. So I used the knit along to figure out how many to cast on (33?) and just went for it on size 8’s b/c that’s the size of needle that I had. I can definitely see how these are addicting…

Oh. And I broke yet another one of my denise chords. WTF. So now I’ve broken almost all of them…. I so need to get the knitpicks options needles but I’m trying to hold off so I can ask for them for Christmas…

Whew. That was long ‘n random. Hope y'all had a good week!

7 comments:

  1. The chemo caps came out great - the second one is sort of a cammo-chemo-cap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second chemo cap! I adore pooling though. Such great colors!

    Love the Ikea lamp too. I've been looking at those lamps for awhile now. I can't wait to have my own place so I can put cool lamps everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you can bring your own wine. They don't allow that here in Colorado. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phnom Phen.YUUUUMMMMYY! Have you ever been to the little Thai place in Lakewood on Madison? It is FAB also and adorable!

    DARN, I wish I could be at sit n knit tonight. My hubby gave me the Options set for our anniversary. I would have let you check them out. . . .

    maybe next week.

    love the discloths and the lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:43 AM

    Wow, you've certainly been a busy knitter despite everything else you've been up to at the weekend - great! I love the sock you did, and the chemo caps are absolutely amazing! And ain't Ikea the best? Whenever I go there, I swear I won't spend too much money, and yet I always drag unbelievable amounts of stuff out! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise will replace the broken cords for $1.00 each...I've had to have 2 of them replaced myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the tip natalie - I'm going to send them all back and get replacements!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...