August 10, 2006

Something Old, Something New...

So when I got married my "something blue" was an anklet that I made myself. I found sterling silver links that were in the shape of an infinity symbol and combined those with Swarovski crystals… it was real nice…. Anyways…. a friend of mine from highschool is getting married in a few weeks and unfortunately I’m unable to go to the wedding (it’s in Colorado and our travel budget was eaten by the patio) so I wanted to do something nice for her… I dusted off my jewelry making supplies and got to work on another "something blue" anklet.

While I was working on it I remembered that her beautiful, handmade, invitations had beads on that were the exact color of the crystals that I had!

So basically I turned this:


Into this:

I hope she likes it (and doesn’t mind that I took apart her invitation!)

10 comments:

  1. That is incredibly thoughtful - I think she'll really appreciate that it's made with the beads from the invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:27 PM

    It is beautiful! And I'm sure she'll be thrilled with the thought of turning her invitations into a keppsake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, jeanne - that's really amazing...u r an awesome friend and she's going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so beautiful! If I were her, I'd be so very excited. What a perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I wish I could make pretty jewelry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:35 AM

    I'm totally impressed by your work - what a beautiful and thoughtful gift this is! I'm sure your friend is going to love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really nice project. How fantastic that you were able to incorporate her beads into it. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really special! I'm sure she will cherish it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...